Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Transfer of airline ownership / CEO  (Read 5393 times)

Yb

• Former member
Re: Transfer of airline ownership / CEO
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
Considering the buy of another airline there has to be some kind of a control mechanism in case it goes into operation. For example if you try to do it there has to be a real two day pool for every player included in the game with a yes-no option so in case two biggest airlines are trying to merge it would prevent it.
This way it would prevent one incredibly huge airline consuming all world.

Or there could be a board of lets say ten players which would work in the same way = as a anti-monopoly board.

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 10:25:46 PM »

Sami - this could be a nice money earner - buy a second airline - pay two times the number of credits! 

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 12:57:59 AM »
Sami - this could be a nice money earner - buy a second airline - pay two times the number of credits! 

???

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 02:26:17 AM »

that isn't even what he's suggesting...... :-\ what he's suggesting is that if the CEO of an airline wants to leave for any reason in particular, another player can take over to run that airline, the story of  Real-world airlines.. ;)

Also, just a thought (if it hasn't been made clear already); the first player that had left should stop payments and the second player should take over. that would help. ;)

Cheers,
ICEcold

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »
I like idea #1.

But also selling airlines could be good (you could transfer your airline to someone and get money to start another airline in game)...

hybridace101

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 04:13:08 AM »
I like this idea except that my only concern is it will only make big airlines much bigger, making it more difficult for the younger, less established players to gain a footing in the territories where the target carrier flies. 

Maybe it can be something like this:
a) the carrier must be profitable for at least 1 full year until the time the target is intended to be sold-off.  For instance, if the CEO wants to sell it off in October 2011, he should have a net profit since October 2010. 
b) there should be a 30-day notice to give interested buyers a chance to think about the transaction
c) only the airlines based in the airport where the target is located as well as new entrants are eligible to bid unless the prospective bidder intends to sell his other airline; to address the issue of fairness to new entrants, there should be further rules or incentives to entice them to bid

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 01:47:44 AM »
I like this idea except that my only concern is it will only make big airlines much bigger, making it more difficult for the younger, less established players to gain a footing in the territories where the target carrier flies. 

Maybe it can be something like this:
a) the carrier must be profitable for at least 1 full year until the time the target is intended to be sold-off.  For instance, if the CEO wants to sell it off in October 2011, he should have a net profit since October 2010. 
b) there should be a 30-day notice to give interested buyers a chance to think about the transaction
c) only the airlines based in the airport where the target is located as well as new entrants are eligible to bid unless the prospective bidder intends to sell his other airline; to address the issue of fairness to new entrants, there should be further rules or incentives to entice them to bid

you guys aren't getting what sami is saying. What he's saying is that if you wanted to leave the game and have another player that is on STAND-BY, the other member could choose to take the airline up for resale and head it into future years as the CEO. It has nothing to do with other member playing as another airline, buying up the airline only adding to the growth of the airline, but it has everything to do with ANOTHER player that currently is not playing in the game to take over the airline that has no CEO. ;)

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
Option 1

Reasons:

It's Much more realistic and is best for current games.

Option 2

Best for Scenario's.
Agree 100%. It would make the game much more interesting.

But Sami, wouldnt that require a good amount of coding work to make any of the options happen?

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
What about having distressed airlines able to raise new investment by selling shares?  I know of several airlines (I was almost one of them) that were operationally sound but got in a jamb because of a/c deliveries.  In this case the CEO would either be fired or if he/she was quick enough they put out a call for investors to save the company.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »
absolutely agree GM. I think that capitalization of shares to save airlines by other investing in the airline is a good way to save them in case of bankruptcy. Of course, it would only be needed to have stock exchanges for each continent, like NASDAQ (North American Stock Exchange). It would get too complicated to have  Stock Exchanges from each city, like the TSX (Toronto Stock Exchange).  ;)

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
So, um, where is this feature now exactly? I mean, planned? Dropped? Possibly what version? I really like it and looking forward to it!!
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:46 AM »
v1.2 ;)

citywalker

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I was about to post something like the #1 idea in the topic starter and then found this.

Sami, has this idea been buried, shelved or forgotten? What do you (and others) think, should and/or will it ever be implemented?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 08:48:54 AM »
No, it is coming at some point. Funny actually, I just thought of it myself too yesterday.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
Why not....

put the airline of which the CEO quit, up for sale? In bits or as a whole? I think this option has been discussed before in some form or another. If somebody wants to buy my airline, he makes me an offer. I accept it, my entire airline is transferred to merge with his. Let's say he offered me 100 million for it, I take my 100 million and start again somewhere else or at the same place. Or sell pizza's.

At first I agreed with the ideas but then I thought... hang on a minute... lets say a new player joins the game at january 1 2012 game time. Modern Times, almost no available airports, few aircraft on the market. Out of sheer desperation he starts an airline in some God forsaken place. Then, at january 2 2012, a major airline CEO gets bored and decides he wants to sell pizza's. The next player to join then gets to 'own' that major airline.

What you could do, is have EVERYBODY apply for that airline. Also the players currently playing. Whoever decides who gets the job, I leave up to you sami but lets say I get the job, my airline becomes available. Players can apply for mine as well. Etc etc. That seems fairer to me.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline RibeiroR

• Members
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:03 AM »
Another Reborned Topic! 2 y

citywalker

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »
Well, in practice, CEOs don't buy and sell airlines; owners (shareholders) do. That is, of course, unless the CEO also owns the airline. Normally, though, the CEO is an employee, hired by the board of directors to run the company. That's also why you get salary and not dividends in AWS. I've noticed most players regard the airline's cash as their own - in real life, one would end up behind bars for that.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
It will basically be in a way that if an airline is closed due player inactivity, it enters to AI management and goes under "looking for new manager" status. Then it will be first come, first served basis where the fastest player can grab the airline and become the operating CEO there. If no interested players in certain time the airline will be closed.

And if the airline is in bad shape to begin with, or too small, it never goes to this stage at all but is immediately closed.

And also when player manually bankrupts, he has also the option to leave the airline open for new CEO or close it down.

The ownership / shares / dividends etc is a completely different item.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 07:15:26 AM »
It will basically be in a way that if an airline is closed due player inactivity, it enters to AI management and goes under "looking for new manager" status. Then it will be first come, first served basis where the fastest player can grab the airline and become the operating CEO there. If no interested players in certain time the airline will be closed.

And if the airline is in bad shape to begin with, or too small, it never goes to this stage at all but is immediately closed.

And also when player manually bankrupts, he has also the option to leave the airline open for new CEO or close it down.

The ownership / shares / dividends etc is a completely different item.

How about a friendly transfer?  If a player is unable to continue playing, and he has a friend who would be willing to take over, would that be possible?

citywalker

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »

Sami, would you be so kind and give some more insight into the ways of determining whether the airline is in too bad shape or too small for a new CEO to take over?

Obviously the two-plane-airlines that go belly-up on a daily basis are probably too small. Similarly, if the player quits only weeks before an otherwise inevitable financial bankruptcy, the CEO position shouldn't be on offer either.

But I'd like to think that if there is an airline with, let's say, 5 aircraft and a poor but improvable financial state, a new CEO should be able to pick it up and try to turn it around.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.