Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: London slots  (Read 1952 times)

can

• Former member
London slots
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
When i m changing the aircraft.All my slots  at London has gone. is it normal at this game

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:42:48 AM by can »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: London slots
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »
Not sure what you are implying but for the slots - when editing a route the departure times must be within 15-30min of the original to be able to use the current slot if the airport is at complete full capacity like LHR is.

spbird007

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
I have the same problem that if I delete a route to LHR to replace with a bigger aircraft when I go to open a new route the slots have gone and I can't use anything.

RB211TriStar

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
Because its so congested there, you may have to drop the slots from the old route before reapplying? just a thought.

spbird007

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
I tried to close the route hence ailable at the releasing the slot but when I went to open the new route thee was no sot available.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:38:49 PM »
Sometimes when releasing a slot, in order to "find" it again, you've got to change you departure time by +-5 minutes.  No idea why this happens, but it often does.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
or someone might have snipered it during that time, i would suggest editing route and just changing aircraft rather than closing it completly and running the risk of losing those gold dust slots lol

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »
Sometimes when releasing a slot, in order to "find" it again, you've got to change you departure time by +-5 minutes.  No idea why this happens, but it often does.

This is because the way it's calculated. .. The airport has a capacity of let's say 60 movements / hr => 5 movements for every 5 minutes (slots are counted in 5 min blocks).

Each DAY has the max number of movements, and each HOUR has the defined max, and so does each 5 min block. But the 5 min blocks and hour max values (60 and 5 here) can flex a littlebit to allow overdraft - but in such a way that it never exceeds the daily capacity. I mean that if the 5 min capacity is 5 movements, you can actually have 8 movements at 08.00, and then 4 movements at 08.05 and so on, and not just 5-5-5-5- for every 5min block .. but the overall totals for hour/day cannot be exceeded and thus after closing a route you may not find the slot at the exact same time anymore as the overdraft limit has become full already and you need to adjust the deptimes a bit.

But if you have the slot (didn't release it when you closed the route) the same deptime should always work.

mykalberta

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »
As someone who just went through this quasi successfully, here is what I found.

Yes, you have to give up the slots first.
When I changed my schedules for a few of the days M and W the slots didnt appear until I modified the departure time slightly +/- 15-30 minutes.

Also, when changing planes remember that some planes are faster and will arrive faster so you might have to modify turn times/departure times from your non home airport to compensate.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.