Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: some question about old A/C  (Read 3017 times)

johjima6609

• Former member
some question about old A/C
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
Dear Sami:
Because of the game time of this game is more than 20 years,many old a/c will get to retired or change(maybe over used 15years) my question is..
have any way to discard the own old A/C or there only one way is put it in used A/C market wait other player to lease or buy, or system will buy these old A/C in the used A/C market.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: some question about old A/C
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
You can put it for sale when players can buy it - or computerized plane brokers can also buy it.

Another option is to scrap the plane, but it has some prerequirements on minimum age and/or condition of the plane before it can be scrapped (can't remember what they were).

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:25:07 AM »
or computerized plane brokers can also buy it.

---

Do they really buy it?  :o
Beta Tester

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 04:04:54 AM »
or computerized plane brokers can also buy it.

---

Do they really buy it?  :o

Absolutely they do.  I sell planes to them all the time.  They've just gotta be priced competitively.  If you're asking full Market, they might buy it eventually, but it will more likely sit there for a long time.  Price it really low and they'll swoop 'em up in a hurry often times.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 04:12:03 AM »
Would they still buy it even if the D check expired? I see potential here. ;D
Beta Tester

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 04:18:43 AM »
I don't know.  I can't say I've put any on the market that were due a D-Check.  Depends on the pricing I guess.   

They'll be some that are really, really old (over 20 years), I know that.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »
Would they still buy it even if the D check expired? I see potential here. ;D

Yes they will. I sold alot of my D-check expired Britiannas Srs aircraft. Once there D check was up, I put them for sale on the market. The computer was still buying them even though they were 25+ yrs old. At that point, some had flown with my airline for 18+ yrs.. 

This was in Jet Age#3.

Talentz

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
Speaking of old planes, I really want to dedicate one of my games just to keep an old plane flying. Just imagine playing Rise of the Modern Airliners, its 2015 and there still is a DC-8  or 707 Flying JFK-LHR......I think that would be the coolest thing on earth.

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
Or a DC-9 (sorry Northwest)

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »
LOT767, I agree, I'd love to have  a 707 still flying now,  it'd be my fleet flagship.   However, I think you'd find that unless Sami codes in some kind of 'nostalgia' setting, people would avoid flying because of its age.  Plus, without a strong fleet to help carry it, it'd cost a fortune in maintenance.

However, I do really like the idea.  Kinda like having a Concorde or two :-)

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 03:11:01 AM »
LOT767, I agree, I'd love to have  a 707 still flying now,  it'd be my fleet flagship.   However, I think you'd find that unless Sami codes in some kind of 'nostalgia' setting, people would avoid flying because of its age.  Plus, without a strong fleet to help carry it, it'd cost a fortune in maintenance.

However, I do really like the idea.  Kinda like having a Concorde or two :-)

Name-Omitted is right NW beat us to the punch.

But if one where to order a spankin new 707 or DC-8 at the start of the world and park it, and not start flying it until 2010...........you could get away having a DC-8 with less hours on it than  Boeing NG lol.....just sayin.

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:54 AM »
Could be great if everybody can make the order for old aircrafts like DC-8 or B707 , or Concord , or others to airbrokers and to receive answer from one of them about what is the price and possible time of delivery. You'd agree them offer - you getting it..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.