Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« on: December 24, 2009, 03:28:44 AM »
I've been wondering about this for a long time  :P.

The financial department has finished calculating the bookkeeping records from last year. The figures have been submitted to the tax officials.

Total result last year: -10 338 780 USD
Withhold taxes during the year: 2 030 441 USD
Tax level: 30%
Total true tax amount: 0 USD
Taxes returned: 2 030 441 USD

They return the tax at the end of the year?  :o Or is it because I'm -10 338 780 USD in red?

But either way, I'm enjoying the 2 030 441!  ;D
Beta Tester

• Former member
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:09:29 PM »
It is because for the books you didn't make any profit and tax is only calculated for profits. No
profits = no tax payment.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
You only pay taxes on your profits for the year.

BUT, you pay estimated taxes each month based on your profits the previous 4 weeks. This is to keep you from getting a massive bill at the end of the year.

So if you had some months where you were making profits the government takes some money.  But then  you have some months where you lost money, the goverment doesn't take anything.  

At the end of the year, they tally up each month's performance, see what the total was, and then generate the total amount that you should have paid in taxes throughout the year.  It may be higher than what you paid, it may be lower.  They will then cut you a check (or a bill) for the difference.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
Beta Tester

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.