Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: World Demand vs. Seats/Planes  (Read 949 times)

• Former member
World Demand vs. Seats/Planes
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »
Hi folks!

I couldn't sleep last night because one thing was going through my head, I thought I should share with you.

Currently in Dawn of the Millenium, we have a total of about 5,000 aircrafts in operation, with big gaps left in demand satisfaction. I wonder with all those planes on order, our fleets will - including replacements - probably double in the next 3 game years. Naturally, it looks very promising to invest into planes and fill up the gaps, despite our competitors thinking the same. So, what is your estimate, when our plane capacity will outstrip demand, leading to the furious price wars we all love so much? Will we hit the breaking point at around 10,000 planes or earlier? Already at 7,500? I know that the number of planes is inaccurate, but it is the easiest way to come closer to the analysis. Experience from other games?

Offline coopdogyo

• Members
Re: World Demand vs. Seats/Planes
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »
I think that we may have capacity outstrip demand but as that happens plane growth will slow down and the passenger numbers will keep on growing to the point where it all evens out or so I am hoping.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:57:48 AM »
In the 90s-00s, you'll see almost a double in demand on routes per year.

Demand will keep going. The slots will heavily be congested though.
Beta Tester

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »
I still have sami in my ear saying something about the end of the cold war and route demand adaptions in Eastern Europe. I bet, they all want to fly to Tel Aviv first!  ::)

Slots will probably make the difference here, as you mentioned. Looking at the big hubs, they look already pretty sad by now. I really wonder how they plan on utilizing all those planes on order.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.