Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Keep Losing Money  (Read 1312 times)

NickvLeeuwen

• Former member
Keep Losing Money
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
I started my airline, Leo Airlines at Perth, Australia. I checked the demands on the route and I fitted it right, but still I am losing money, help! how can I fix this?

I don't have huge expenses on the marketing and stuff, so I don't know what I am doing wrong this time.  :-\

RB211TriStar

• Former member
Re: Keep Losing Money
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 02:53:10 PM »
I don't have the ability to see as deeply into your airline as some of the mods do, but i took a quick peek at the publicly available data and a couple things came to mind...
-You look adequately sized for the routes and you're not oversupplied on the market that i looked at
-How are your load factors? Have you considered dropping prices to gain market share?
-Are you doing route advertising? If not, try a campaign for those routes (and in general for that matter)

Just some quick thoughts... hopefully some of it helps.

NickvLeeuwen

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »
LF is more or less around 60% and I'm doing a national campaign, all prices are already dropped by 10%, do I need to drop even more, will I still make enough profit then?

tofen

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »
I think your main problem is the choice of aircraft. Those VC10s you fly is both old and inefficient, but still costs quite a lot to lease. If you put them on routs close to there max range, and put a few C-class seats on them, they might make money.

How good is there condition? If they are in bad condition (under 70%), that might be the reason why you need to spend huge amounts of money on marketing to not loose you image.

For the routes you are flying, it seems a B727 or B737 would fit better.

RB211TriStar

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
Tofen brings up a good point. I almost considered asking about aircraft choice but I didn't know much about the VC-10 until I did some research.

Try stretching the range of the aircraft and hitting high traffic/dollar destinations like Singapore, Hong Kong, or Kuala Lampur. All should be in range of your aircraft and the longer legs will me more time efficient for you. I checked the traffic and all of those destinations have surplus demand for a VC-10 sized aircraft.

NickvLeeuwen

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »
Thanks! I will try that!

RB211TriStar

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
Probably the biggest thing to consider is just how long you were operating those routes.

In most cases you don't make money right off the bat.  With a CI of 0 and an RI of 0, it takes consumers time to know you're around as a carrier.  You're going to run some fairly low LFs for a good couple months (game-time) and you're likely to lose money.  It's common.  Your losses should slowly decrease as the weeks go by and you'll move into profitability as your LFs increase.

NickvLeeuwen

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »
Restarted the airline and now began with 2 B727. Both still operating on the same routes and now I'm starting to make a little profit  ;D

Thanks guys!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.