Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What next  (Read 4996 times)

castelino009

• Former member
What next
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:09 AM »
EC is now looking like its dying and needs a CPR badly. No orders of new aircrafts lotsa good used planes available what next guys?  A320 can be delivered in 2.5 months SHOCKING but true. 

I know fuel prices are gonna go higher and  higher but there is no challenge? All people do is to attack other peoples hubs right from Day 1 and thats it. Some guys have a fleet of 80-100 aircraft in EU only??? WOW even big carriers dont have that many in the entire fleet I guess.

Just a suggestion, how about open up a new continent may be AFRICA or part Asia (if possible) just to make it more intresting and for guys with 80-100 aircrafts to go 180-200 LOL :)

suggestions? comments

VJC

Talentz

• Former member
Re: What next
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:58:42 AM »
You mean growth has slowed and the weak have started to die off? Well now it becomes a game of survival. Whos going to be standing at the end of the game, in there original airline? I bet half of the airlines we have right now ..  ;)

~ No need to open new areas of the world. Its not always about expand, expand and expand. At some point, you have to run a stable airline, till the end. That's "what's next".

Btw, Im doing just fine.. dont need 100+ aircraft to make a stable airline.. #14th in aircraft size, yet 7th in total revenue.  8)

Talentz

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:10:28 AM »
You mean growth has slowed and the weak have started to die off? Well now it becomes a game of survival. Whos going to be standing at the end of the game, in there original airline? I bet half of the airlines we have right now ..  ;)

~ No need to open new areas of the world. Its not always about expand, expand and expand. At some point, you have to run a stable airline, till the end. That's "what's next".

Btw, Im doing just fine.. dont need 100+ aircraft to make a stable airline.. #14th in aircraft size, yet 7th in total revenue.  8)

Talentz

Totally agree with you, that we have to run a stable airline and be there till the end with the original. My point was it is getting a boring and need new challenges, I have 44 aircrafts and 7th on the list in terms of value. With all the new games starting side by side EC gets left out, I hope you know what i mean, hence  "What Next".

Already players down to 90 form 115 :) will be great to see, how many die during the Xmas week (in real life) when all are busy stuffing turking and xmas puddings , hehe.

Hope ur well Talentz, tk cre mate.

VJC

VJC

Offline Nonkan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »
I'm using a different approach in this scenario. It's not always about biggest and most money. This time my own goal is to run a profitable airline serving all domestic airports in Sweden.

I currently serve the airports, but I'm not very profitable yet to say the least :) I have a lot of tuning to do.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »
Testing a regional carrier in Italy.... Just barely making money, and now I know on what to look on when improving the models (organization and staff)

Offline jimsom

• Members
    • jimmyringsell.se
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »
I'm using a different approach in this scenario. It's not always about biggest and most money. This time my own goal is to run a profitable airline serving all domestic airports in Sweden.

I currently serve the airports, but I'm not very profitable yet to say the least :) I have a lot of tuning to do.

You can't say you're running a smaller airline. You have over 100 aircraft and serves almost every place in Europe. :)
/ jimsom

Offline Nonkan

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
You can't say you're running a smaller airline. You have over 100 aircraft and serves almost every place in Europe. :)

A bit touchy about the Arlanda situation huh? ;)

Actually, most of my planes are small, so I'm not making profits. It would be nice if the Swedish government could subsidise some of the smaller routes. 8 pax Landvetter - Mora doesn't make me rich.. And I feel sorry for the 10 guys that are flying a small Cessna to Iceland via Faroe Islands during the November storms over the North Sea :)

Running regional flights is, like Sami said, not moneymaking. But fun if you like a challenge.

Offline jimsom

• Members
    • jimmyringsell.se
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05:05 PM »
A bit touchy about the Arlanda situation huh? ;)

Actually, most of my planes are small, so I'm not making profits. It would be nice if the Swedish government could subsidise some of the smaller routes. 8 pax Landvetter - Mora doesn't make me rich.. And I feel sorry for the 10 guys that are flying a small Cessna to Iceland via Faroe Islands during the November storms over the North Sea :)

Running regional flights is, like Sami said, not moneymaking. But fun if you like a challenge.

Well, you don't HAVE to fly routes without demand, right? ;)

And yeah, it's not easy to earn money when a large operator is taking all demand with 757s. :-\
He can afford making losses, I can't. Let's see how long I can survive...
/ jimsom

Offline Nonkan

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
No, but if the small cities have taken the trouble to build an airfield, then at least someone should use them. However, I think the demand in small airports are somewhat strange. For examlpe the route Linköping - Copenhagen should have more demand than 3 pax :/

I'm using 757 aswell, but I have to find new routes for them. The route Landvetter - Arlanda that was a moneymaker in the beginning is a tiny bit overcrowded right now :)

Let's hope that Sami comes up with a nice plan to make it easier to run regional airlines. Perhaps a subsidary if you are the only one flying weak route with almost no demand. Maby the city could buy some tickets to fill the plane up til 50% economy, if the plane is close to demand. I.e a Cessna with 12 seats would be filled up to 50% if the route only had demand for 2-3 pax?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
In reality they do offer local/govnt. money for these very small routes.. I've thought of building that here too. Could be a nice addition to support small airlines, eh?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
Oh yes, just for info... About my testings:

I am running a regional operation from Venezia, using 8x EMB120 fleet. Practically no competition on any of the routes (except for 1 or 2). Avf LF is 78% (all Y) with default prices about. Route images are nearing 100, and company image is 20.

Transporting about 10-13000 pax / week. And the company profit is between 150k - 290k / week. Aircraft utilization is extremely high (#3 overall in the world, 16.3h/day). Main expense is the staff (ticket sells 1.6m/week, staff cost 0.45m/week).

The start for the regional ops was very hard, I nearly bankcrupted. But now it's getting easier and cannot see it being hard anymore, and actually now the profit margins are closer to what they should be for all airlines actually.. ;)

So instead of making regionals easier, I'll have to make the other types harder. But of course still a small adjustment of the staff levels etc. is needed. Of course in this case the fact of no competition and being able to keep the prices is a life saver...

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline223

Offline Nonkan

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
Yes, probably the right thing to do would be to make it harder for the big planes. It's way to easy getting started as a big longhaul airline out of LHR for example.

I make resonable money on my small aircraft, especially the ones I own. However, the cost for setting up small routes gets extremley high when monopoly slot costs kick in.

Also, I kind of wish to get rid of my 757:s and replace with ATR:s or something, but if I'm going to fire my large A/C pilots, the CI will take a big hit and I don't think my company will survive that.

Offline jimsom

• Members
    • jimmyringsell.se
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »
In reality they do offer local/govnt. money for these very small routes.. I've thought of building that here too. Could be a nice addition to support small airlines, eh?

Yes, of course. I guess problems are for which airports and which airlines should get this money.

So instead of making regionals easier, I'll have to make the other types harder. But of course still a small adjustment of the staff levels etc. is needed. Of course in this case the fact of no competition and being able to keep the prices is a life saver...

It's also important to be able to have extremly small airlines, with 1-3 aircraft. This will need a large decrease of needed personell.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:55:32 PM by Jimmy Ringsell »
/ jimsom

Offline lastchancer

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
Very good idea!

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »
I think I good twist for EC would of been to keep things as they are, BUT being based out of class 4/5 airports should not be allowed. You should be able to fly into them, just not be based out of one. I think that would of added a nice spin to things.......

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 12:36:16 PM »
I love this game.

It's hard in here nd difficult to start operations in a already siturated market... but I did it and I am running a profitable airline from Glasgow.

Hopefully there will be another Euro Challenge in future.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.