Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A/C DELIVERY SLOTS  (Read 912 times)

kawalsahu

• Former member
A/C DELIVERY SLOTS
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:10 AM »
hi,

i find it quite rediculous that i ordered a/c and even though there is no other orders and slots are available,i get only 1 a/c every week on average.so basically its my order slot then 6 'free slots' and then my slot.

how does this work?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: A/C DELIVERY SLOTS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:07:38 AM »
You are allocated a certain percentage of the overall production so that everyone has an opportunity to get a plane and a single airline can't hoard an entire production line for many months on end as used to happen regularly.  It generally works this way in real-life as well, with airlines that placed the 10th order for a plane getting their deliveries generally right alongside with whomever placed the first order.  Otherwise, if every airline had to go immediately and soley to the rear of the line, potentially many years away before seeing a single plane, they'd be deterred from buying at all and the one that was lucky enough to place their orders first could have a huge advantage, especially in this game when the queue for a plane can grow by as much as 1000 units in a single 24-hour period.

If sufficient orders are placed by other airlines so as to fill up the queue, production per month can increase, and your orders may be delivered slightly faster than originally quoted.

kawalsahu

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:49:54 AM »
thats the best part,sigma.there is no other airline placing order for B734.i am the sole customer.i wud understand if the aircraft is new and in demand is there but nobody wants them.why not deliver it me? ;D

i can understand the logic but system should be able to gauge that whn there have been no orders for last 6months,the likelyhood of floof orders is unlikely.jus a suggestion...

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »
Then look at at differently.  Boeing does not want to hire the people required to run the line at full capacity and then fire them all after a month, pay the costs of shutting down the line, and waiting for the next order, than paying to hire everyone back and starting up the line.  Much better to run the line more slowly and keep the work steady.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.