Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Utilization or Load Factor?  (Read 1653 times)

RB211TriStar

• Former member
Aircraft Utilization or Load Factor?
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:04:08 AM »
I have a couple routes, that while make a profit, don't exactly help my aircraft load factor numbers... Is there any incentive to keep the utilization of an aircraft up if the routes wouldn't be missed on the bottom line?

Just curious as to what others do. Is the aircraft "wear" that noticeable?

Riger

• Former member
Re: Aircraft Utilization or Load Factor?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:12:50 AM »
Do the routes have enough demand to fill the aircraft (eventually)?

If so, wait (time) to get the RI up to 100 and advertise the route if you can afford it.

Best Regards

Richard

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:14 AM »
Load Factor doesn't pay any bills.

But, one thing to remember is that the Profit figure you see on the Route page, is gross profit.  It doesn't take into account any costs of operating that route, only operating that flight.  So if the profit is really low, it may actually be costing you money even though it appears to be making a profit.  There really is no good way to see this.

Ultimately though, as long as you're making some level of gross profit, it's quite likely your best bet to operate the plane on the route regardless.  At least unless we're talking about a really low profit figure (like, say, under $2K/day).

RB211TriStar

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »
That's very good input. Food for thought.
I also need to consider the employee base at the respective airports. If the income is marginal, then its surely a money-pit after you pay the crew base there.

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »
Unless you have a better route to replace it with, leave it. Planes better in the air earning peanuts than on the ground earning nothing. If you're going to leave the flight slot empty, remember you're still paying the same wages whether the plane is flying or not.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 04:33:18 AM »
I agree with JonesyUK.

Also, my biggest mistakes in previous games were reacting too quickly to an "apparent" problem.  Routes settle and change over time.  Check your RI on that route, in time, it will increase to 100 (if you run regular flights) and the pax will increase accordingly. 

Also remember that with a high CI and RI, the potential pax on a route can increase to as much as 150% of the declared demand.

Best Regards
Richard

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.