Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New website layout introduced  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
New website layout introduced
« on: November 20, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »

We are happy to announce the new look for AirwaySim simulation website. The previous theme has been in use for the last 2 years and we felt that a visual upgrade of the website is needed, although the previous site was still very functional and clear.

The new website theme has a visually more bolder and modern look, with blue being the main theme colour.

Due to the complexity of the upgrade project there may be still some occasional issues with the new layout. Please report them to the administration through our forums. Please note also that the "mobile browser" theme of the website is temporarily disabled until it has been updated.

(layout problem reports go here:  http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,15903.0.html  )

ryanhami

• Former member
Re: New website layout introduced
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
The new design looks brilliant, I must say.

;D

Just hope there is a new game coming!

Ryan

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Please note

If you are using the signature banners and have linked them directly from our website, the addresses have changed!!

See new banners from here:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,709.0.html
http://www.airwaysim.com/Information/Linktous

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:52:12 PM »
New design is great except everything is too big.. maybe you could make it smaller (font, tables, etc.) :)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
Just a couple suggestions from my first 30 seconds using it...  I understand that this is likely still somewhat a work in progress, but I'm gonna make these anyway...

1>  Could we get a better delineation between the category selections at the time?  And perhaps re-do them altogether.  The raw text on Blue is sorta boring compared to the nice logo above it, and the fact that they're buttons isn't clearly and plainly obvious.

2>  The "New Message" text that you get on the middle-left is no longer a high-visibility Red that it was before.

3>  The new design no longer scales fully to a 1680x1050 resolution.  It leaves a solid inch or two on each side, whereas it utilized the full screen width before, leaving a good 20% of the screen un-used.   The Forums still utilize the full width, making a harsh, less-professional-looking, integrated transition between them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:16:53 PM by Sigma »

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »
The new look is absolutely fabulous, Sami.  Great work!  :)

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:41:11 AM »
I like it; it was a bit of a surprise when I logged in this morning though lol.

It's a much more modern look and although there was nothing wrong with the old scheme, I like this one better.

Good work.

Scudd

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 06:38:03 AM »
Any Chance of making the mobile version more suitable for smaller screens rather than just showing less detail. It can tough to navigate zooming in and out. I like the new layout though. Good work guys.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »
Use Opera Mini, it works fine there :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »

The mobile browser theme is now back online (may need still some fine tuning).

Please note that it is only a "lo-fi" theme of the current site, not a completely different site optimized for mobile browsers (as that would be a huge task). It has smaller header and navigation menus and also some content pages are stripped down to make them smaller. Unfortunately support for non-flash browsers is not possible yet.

The system will automatically detect the mobile browser, but the lo-fi version can be reached at http://mobi.airwaysim.com too. For an ultra-lo-fi version of the forum (only forum) please use address: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/?wap2

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.