Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Feedback so far  (Read 9107 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Feedback so far
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 09:50:47 PM »
So please do not forget, although we love whining around about almost everything, there is a great number of players that admire and enjoy your work.

Yep, proper feedback etc. is always welcome and needed too, so don't be afraid. ;)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
What has been the biggest change helping this to work? And what is still needed?

Sorry for my late reply.

I think the fact that there are no huge airlines taking your routes, a limited number of players and it's easier to find smaller routes. The last one is of course because I started out at a small base but I think it would really help if the route selection had a few more options to look for routes.

You can now only sort the destinations by size and name. It would for example be nice to sort them on demand or opening hours or stuff like that.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »

G. And another idea from me: It could be interesting to open a scenario in e.g. 1995 where the incumbant airlines are already there with there huge market shares as in reality. They would be operated by the artificial intelligence, or say, some of you guys at airwaysim. Making us players the newcomers with the challenge of finding ways to fly between them or against them. This would be my greatets dream… It is similar to simply entering a scenario after 25% of time played and I personally find this the most challenging part of the game.

Denis

This would be my dream too :)  Its the competition thats makes the game most enjoyable.

I suggested something similar with CPU airlines - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,14771.0.html - but I never thought that maybe the airlines could be set up by the moderators?  That could maybe solve the problems with AI airlines.  The moderator airlines could just sit there - dormant - and occupy some of the bigger airports/routes.  Eventually real players would be able to bankrupt these airlines, but at least this would offest the problems at the start of the game whereby profits are huge and unrealistic.

I would also like to add my compliments to the creators of the game.  It is ridiculously hard to say how much I enjoy the game and how much of my time I spend playing it and thinking about it.  I love submersing myself in the game and thinking how it must be to be a real airline network route-planner.

Cheers,

Dave :)

Horizon22

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »
Already newcomers are getting really shocking and old planes. If i want a 51-110 pax plane then i've only got an option of an Antonov or a Tupolev. Just starting out after initially picking a poor base a couple of days ago, its very difficult to even start to get a foothold, with such little choice and what choice there is is very undesirable

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »
Already newcomers are getting really shocking and old planes. If i want a 51-110 pax plane then i've only got an option of an Antonov or a Tupolev. Just starting out after initially picking a poor base a couple of days ago, its very difficult to even start to get a foothold, with such little choice and what choice there is is very undesirable

Hi Horizon,

yes, the used market is pretty emptied out at this stage, but also has been for a few real days. This scenario incurs aggressive expansion strategies setting in very early and many players, including me, operating with debt in order to secure the cash cow routes early on. Also orders for new planes are showing time phases. As others have mentioned before, this scenario will become more and more fiercely fought over - exactly what Sami had promised. As soon as fuel prices start to kick in (my personal prediction: 800 USD), our routes will be subject to ticket wars (income) and fuel (expenditures). It will be nice to see which strategy will fold. Another thing I believe to observe is that prices on the used market are rising very fast. I always try to keep an eye on my monthly leasing costs instead of simply getting any plane available. Already with my little Fokker50s I see leasing differences of up to 50,000 USD per months. So let's wait and see how the others will do, those costs can be hard to lower later on.

Denis

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
I know this game is on the advanced /hard level, but it seems you have to monitor your game 24/7. At least more so than other challenges in this category. I knew it would not be easy in the least, but having 2 aircraft for 6 routes (doesn't seem like much to keep control of to me) and in the black one hour and then coming back 1/2 a day later and finding the company near bankruptcy is, well, very challenging. ;) I didn't feel this way about the the North American Challenge, although it was a tough one too. But this makes North American Challenge seem like an Air Travel Boom scenario. I guess I just need to find my niche somehow. I've found a small base (LUX) in Europe just screaming for service, and opened it up on a few unserved routes, all coach, with an F28 and an F100 which seemed appropriate to begin with and its just "not flying"  :laugh:. No one else was flying to these major cities from LUX either and the demand was over 100 passengers a day in the markets I chose. I wanted to make sure I was flying full planes.  All marketing campaigns are in place as well. Anyone else kind of feel this way? Just seems especially harder than anything else done before on the site. I mostly find the ups and downs of fuel prices are probably the main culprit as thet are more sporadic and erratic than I've ever seen before. I honestly don't want to sound negative, really, but you really do need to keep on top of it more than usual. Oh well, it just started. I guess I just gotta find my groove. ???

Offline lastchancer

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 01:04:56 AM »
You have done a tremendous job on this scenario and improved the simulation to a great level. So please do not forget, although we love whining around about almost everything, there is a great number of players that admire and enjoy your work.

Denis

I totally agree with that!

cdemosthenous

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I started playing 3 games at the same time, and I had to stop the other two and focus on the Euro Challenge with Lakeland Airlines just because it provides the most challenge.  I will have to agree with Chrissy on making the route planning a bit smarter, meaning sorting airports by availability as well, and perhaps it would be a good idea to also know how many first class or business class seats are available.

What was a bit frustrating was that in the beginning of the game I joined at a relatively early stage of the game, about 2-3% and I found it a bit difficult to catch up.  Perhaps you could have an adequate notification of a new game a couple of weeks in advance, either by messages on the participant's inbox, or an email to our personal addresses that you use for registration.

In any case, feedback is the food of champions, and this is a great game, but of course, telling you how good it is won't make it any better.  I have a couple of suggestions for the overall game though, which you may wish to consider.

1.  You listed the airport of Ercan in North Cyprus as a European airport.  As you may very well know, the TRNC is an illegally formed state that is only recognized by Turkey, not by EU or the UN.  You even have the flag of the TRNC, which is extremely offensive to people from Cyprus and Greece.  Please consider removing that airport from the map.  In any case, in real life,  the only commercial and chartered flights flying there are from Turkey, so for this game at least it is useless.

2. The route Athens to Larnaca, is perhaps one of the busiest routes in Eastern Meditterranean.  The demand in this game, is approximatelly 80 people, but there are at least 10-12 flights daily from Larnaca.  Perhaps you can improve that in the future.

Thanks again for creating this game, and keep up the good work

Pambos

Offline do328jet

• Members
    • RFR Travel
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
It's an interesting game but as a small airline you have no chance at all. I have built up my airline Vizcaya Air with Fokker 50 on a regional market . based in Bilbao I was profitable from the first quarter. Unfortunately a competing airline (Europa Airlines) is fighting against me on every route. where I had 2 flight, they moved in with 4 or 5 . Its strange that an airline which was deep in the red with 50Million K was able to expand and lease more aircrafts. (the have now 130)
Ok that` s a game and I don`t have the time to sit hours behind this game to build a mega airline . A dozen Aircrafts is OK. I will leave this game completely -either when my credits are gone or may airline is bankrupt.  :(

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
Its strange that an airline which was deep in the red with 50Million K was able to expand and lease more aircrafts. (the have now 130)

I assume you mean me? While my Value was -$50m, it did not mean that I didn't have cash. The negative value was due to bank loans.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:52:33 PM by JonesyUK »

Dumos

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 07:58:55 AM »

1.  You listed the airport of Ercan in North Cyprus as a European airport.  As you may very well know, the TRNC is an illegally formed state that is only recognized by Turkey, not by EU or the UN.  You even have the flag of the TRNC, which is extremely offensive to people from Cyprus and Greece.  Please consider removing that airport from the map.  In any case, in real life,  the only commercial and chartered flights flying there are from Turkey, so for this game at least it is useless.

This is nonsense...what would be the next step - removing Skopje/Macedonia from the map? Or maybe you will ask Sami to ban my airline "Macedonian Star" to fly into Greece or Cyprus because of your issues???

Dashek

• Former member
LCY Airplanetypes
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »
Hi Sami and everyone,

just joined this world and decided to base at London City.   Suprisingly many "unreal" acft types used here.   Maybe - for future games, to add realism - restrict the acft types to the ones actually used? 

Remark for the none pilots here:  London City requires "steep approach" capabilities which are currently only available for few acft.  So Runway length is not the only factor here.

CRJs of all type as well all Boeings and Airbusses (except the A318 - as used by BA in real life) dont belong here.   The only airline type of jets I know at this point, but that shouldnt be too hard to research are:  Avros, some Embraers, Fokker 70 and many turboprops.   This list is most certainly not complete.   

I chose LCY as I believed I would face less competition for that reason.   Wrooooong :-)  Oh well.

Other than that.  Another fun game.  Thanks.

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »
Sami let me again say that it was a great move with lowering the price of this game! Number of airlines changed from 69 to 100 in just three days! Weee!

I wish everybody new in this game good luck and don't give up!  :)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »
It's hard in here but I think I like it.

But one thing that frustrates me is that the overall pax demand is way to low compared to real life.

For instance the Amsterdam to greater london (all airports) has nearly 60 flights (per direction = 120 in totall) a day in real life. And ALL are at leased 80% filled up with pax.

So for next "euro challenge" I think the PAX demand must be something like two to four times bigger then it is at this moment.

Especially from regional airports to regional airports there must be a significant increase in demand. Rotterdam to Reus should have atleased 200 Pax as this is the case in reality aswell (just to name one example).

And I think this is the perfect scenario to introduce a fourth group of pax which is LOW COST ONLY demand. This type of pax don't mind being cramped into a A321 with your feets in your ears for one or two hours at a fare of just 45 euro's.

I would be more then happy to give it a try in a BETA inviroment with some AWS moderators and other players. Just to test the programming of this fourth group etc.

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »

I don't know why people have to put politics into every game. Even if Northern Cyprus isn't recognized by any country outside Turkey (altought it had been recognized by Azerbaijan, Bangladesh and Pakistan till the US started to meddle with), IT EXIST IN REAL WORLD! And don't forget, you Greek Cypriots have rejected the plan to reunite Cyprus ;)

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »
I don't know why people have to put politics into every game. Even if Northern Cyprus isn't recognized by any country outside Turkey (altought it had been recognized by Azerbaijan, Bangladesh and Pakistan till the US started to meddle with), IT EXIST IN REAL WORLD! And don't forget, you Greek Cypriots have rejected the plan to reunite Cyprus ;)
[/quote

Guys please.   Keep politics out of the game.   This should be fun.   As this seems to be a really international community why dont we try to prove we all are smarter than politicians.   We all only need food, health and shelter to be happy and noone is better because of the place he was born in.  Alright? :-)   

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
It's hard in here but I think I like it.

But one thing that frustrates me is that the overall pax demand is way to low compared to real life.

For instance the Amsterdam to greater london (all airports) has nearly 60 flights (per direction = 120 in totall) a day in real life. And ALL are at leased 80% filled up with pax.

So for next "euro challenge" I think the PAX demand must be something like two to four times bigger then it is at this moment.

Especially from regional airports to regional airports there must be a significant increase in demand. Rotterdam to Reus should have atleased 200 Pax as this is the case in reality aswell (just to name one example).

I dont agree on this topic so much.   I dont know how many airlines are currently registered in Europe but certainly more than 100 or so.   Imagine how "easy" success would be if pax levels were to actual values!     I personally tend to be an acceptor.   This is a game, the rules and options are clear, and we managers have to deal with it.   

But thats only my opinion .-)

Happy landings
Marcus

And I think this is the perfect scenario to introduce a fourth group of pax which is LOW COST ONLY demand. This type of pax don't mind being cramped into a A321 with your feets in your ears for one or two hours at a fare of just 45 euro's.

I would be more then happy to give it a try in a BETA inviroment with some AWS moderators and other players. Just to test the programming of this fourth group etc.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.