Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Production of BAe 146-series  (Read 2598 times)

Lamantijn84

• Former member
Production of BAe 146-series
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
In the aircraft production news there is an announcement about the ending of the production of the BAe 146-series. It says there were not enough orders, but that has all to do with the game just starting. Can this be reset? Because the BAe 146 is quite a usefull aircraft for a scenario in Europe, I guess??

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: Production of BAe 146-series
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
This has happened in other games, but the production line will never open up again once closed.  The only ones out there will be used ones.  The Avro RJ series will be launched as a direct replacement and their attributes are pretty similar.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »
Oh this is really annoying, the 146 is great for the Euro challenge. The RJ is similar, but has longer turnaround and is significantly more expensive!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »
Production line closures should be excluded at the start of each world, but there are some exceptions to it and I that is the case here.. So wait for the RJ..

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
146 is overrated and overpriced.  :P
Beta Tester

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »
And to confirm, the BAE production ended already BEFORE this game world even started. So no issues there...

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
What about the Saab 2000?

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
Yes, coopy and I would like to fly the Saab! If they do not produce anymore Saab2000s, then the company should be bankrupt, right? So, coopy and I would like to solicit an offer to buy the remaining production assets of Saab and take over a relevant number of its staff! New production facilities would be located in Edinburgh and Copenhagen. We would offer a total of 2,0m USD to find a solution with Saab's creditors. In order to avoid violations of European Competition Rules, we would commit to selling at least 25% of the yearly production to third airlines at an attractive price. What do you think Sami?
Denis

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »
 :laugh: I need to make some money before I can pay off saabs debt.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:24:33 PM »
146 is overrated and overpriced.  :P
Agreed. There are many planes that only have 2 engines and I'd rather have only 2 engines to maintain, rather than 4 unless its an A340 and we don't really need those in this game. I have have a couple of BAe-146s that I'm going to ditch and then restructure my routes. I thought they might work, but not so. I have to say alot of people have contributed valuable information to the the game talk for this challenge. I do think the number of players is not that high at all. It seems to be about the right number of players, as there are start ups in Europe in the real world with some great frequency. With regards to my comments about the BAe-146, I am actually quoting and agreeing with several trade magazines I have collected over the years. More airlines seemed eager to dump them than keep them. I can understand the maintenance issue there. USAir brought up that point when they tookover PSA and said they would get rid of them and bring in some of their 737-300's over to the western U.S. to fill gaps. Of course, its a matter of opinion in the end. As for the number of employees, some may need to manually do their own hiring and raises. Its a pain, but I have also noted that my carrier is a bit "top heavy" with surplus employees.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.