Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: This is getting ridiculous  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Brockster

• Members
Re: This is getting ridiculous
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 11:45:13 PM »
Boeing wins for me, but that's because I have good memories when I was little flying on them with AA and I think they're more aesthetically appealing. I've always disliked the A340's appearance (mostly the younger variants... don't get me wrong; the A346 is beautiful) and I hate the upwards looking curve on the windows on the wide body airbus models. I also think the A310 is one of the ugliest planes ever... But the A318/19/20 are a few of my favorites and they've proven to be quite popular. The 777 is my favorite model (and the 772LR is my favorite variant) and I'd choose it over the A330/340 series any day. I think the dreamliner is also more aesthetically pleasing than the A350 (from what I can tell so far) but I guess it's too early to say. I don't think either is better than the other. They each have their own weak points and strong points.

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
I also think the A310 is one of the ugliest planes ever...

lol, that made me laugh! :laugh:
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline oggie84

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 12:52:01 AM »
I also think the A310 is one of the ugliest planes ever

lol, that made me laugh! :laugh:

It's exactly the same looking as the B762, so your basically 'slagging' that off too  :P

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 05:50:11 AM »
The 762 doesn't have that ugly upwards curve at the back that the A310 has. :)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »
I think both aircraft manufacturers focus on a different strategy. Boeing is making planes mostly for the linked routes and I think also mostly for the American carriers. The 737 is still the best sold plane ever and I don't think any Airbus can beat that.

The problem I have in the game with the Airbusses is that they are simply too large. If you have routes around 130 passengers, Airbus is simply the worst choice. So for the smaller domestic routes, I think Boeing is better. For the extremely long range and bulk routes, I have no doubt Airbus will be better.

All in between, (757,767,A321 maybe A330) are all similar, but based upon the choices made earlier. A domestic carrier in the US for example is better of with Boeings than with Airbus. A long range international airline such as Virgin or Qantas are better off with Airbus in my opinion.

Also I do believe that the Russians are making a nice comeback with the Tupolev 204/214 and the Sukhoi Superjet. I really think that if that last one can live up to it's specifications it could be a real competitor for the ERJ/CRJ's and maybe even the 737. It beats the A318 on every aspect.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »
In JA3 the only Airbus model available was the A300 which I think I was also the largest operator in the world. At the time though the only aircraft model one could use for long haul was the 747-200 which is a good aircraft and were making high profits. I have never used a Boeing 744 in AWS however that is mainly after what I heard from other players saying they were hard to turn a profit on. I have to agree with regards to the looks of the early Airbus models, seeing 4 Olympic A343's at Athens earlier this month they really were quite hideous, but the A345 and A346 are much better. The A320 series is now more popular than the 737 in terms of orders (despite massive orders from Ryanair, in which Boeing probably had to pay Ryanair to take the planes knowing O'Leary). More 737s have been delivered however with 30pm coming out they are on the rise and will eventually overtake. The A318 I agree is a bit pointless and the only route on which it seems to be ideally suited is the BA LCY-JFK route. (Note to sami: Please can we have 50/60 business demand added to that route as in real life?) Had it come in a few years earlier it would have had a chance however the E-Jets present too much of an economic advantage over them. A300 was a good start up aircraft but suffered from initial range shortages preventing too much trans-oceanic routes however it still sold well. A310 is hideous I agree :laugh:. The Boeing 737 is the symbol of passenger aviation (for those not 'keyed up' its the 747) however similarly to the 747 it is an old design that has really passed its use by date.

I would like to reaffirm that this is a friendly discussion and not an arguement!  ;D

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
In JA3 the only Airbus model available was the A300 which I think I was also the largest operator in the world. At the time though the only aircraft model one could use for long haul was the 747-200 which is a good aircraft and were making high profits. I have never used a Boeing 744 in AWS however that is mainly after what I heard from other players saying they were hard to turn a profit on. I have to agree with regards to the looks of the early Airbus models, seeing 4 Olympic A343's at Athens earlier this month they really were quite hideous, but the A345 and A346 are much better. The A320 series is now more popular than the 737 in terms of orders (despite massive orders from Ryanair, in which Boeing probably had to pay Ryanair to take the planes knowing O'Leary). More 737s have been delivered however with 30pm coming out they are on the rise and will eventually overtake. The A318 I agree is a bit pointless and the only route on which it seems to be ideally suited is the BA LCY-JFK route. (Note to sami: Please can we have 50/60 business demand added to that route as in real life?) Had it come in a few years earlier it would have had a chance however the E-Jets present too much of an economic advantage over them. A300 was a good start up aircraft but suffered from initial range shortages preventing too much trans-oceanic routes however it still sold well. A310 is hideous I agree :laugh:. The Boeing 737 is the symbol of passenger aviation (for those not 'keyed up' its the 747) however similarly to the 747 it is an old design that has really passed its use by date.

I would like to reaffirm that this is a friendly discussion and not an arguement!  ;D

Well said! And I have to agree with you on the 747-400's, they are hard to make a profit because of the leasing costs and fuel. But if you purchase them (I have a few purchased), they are quite the bank. Mine make 1.9million each (Purchased 747) per week.
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline oggie84

• Members
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Mine make 1.9million each (Purchased 747) per week.

Really? Mine make $1.5mil per week and they're all leased.

I agree with you though. Once fuel prices rise coupled with their high lease costs they will be much harder to keep in profit. But in general, my experiences with B744's in AWS have always turned out to be very profitable for me.

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »
Too late now, I've got 200 A346s on order and am planning to get 100 A380's - eat your heart out emirates.

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »
In short, Boeing builds solid better planes. I don't hear of any Airbus being used like the 737-200 was, gravel runways, landing on short feilds...I just got done watching a documentary on the Alaska Airlines and the 737-200. Never will an Airbus come close to that plane.

The best way I can put it is, Boeing are the tough jets that you can rely on and put them through its paces. Like to good ol American cars from the 60/70's you can go 45mph hit a tree walk away just fine and MAYBE your bumper might be scraped. Airbus is like to new cars from Japan, you might gently bump another car and it falls apart.......

Just look at last summer if you want proof, within a matter of a month and a half 3 airbus jets crashed. And one Boeing and that was because of Pilot error not the plane.....I rest my case.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »
Really? And then you woke up with the wet pants?  ;D

How about those 3 Boeing 737s that have skid off the runway within last few weeks? Haven't heard any Airbuses sliding off the runways lately?

In my opinion Airbus and Boeing are both great manufacturers, Airbus being the more modern one designing wise (JUST MY OPINION).

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
No, the wet pants was when I had a dream about Mariah Carey. Yeah, Airbus is more modern. Boeing just sticks to the tried and true look how long the 737 has been around the 767 has been streched 3 times and the 757, etc. Like they say "If it aint Boeing, I aint going." And you gotta give it this much, Boeing is one of the few things America has going for it and they are in my home state gotta support them.

It all comes down to prefrence........

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 09:55:56 PM »
Forgot to add, skidding of the runway and falling out of the sky are two different things.......

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 11:30:46 PM »
Apenfold may be biased but its true, boeing is good but AIRBUS BETTER. Also you have to admit that 30yrs ago there was no Airbus and Boeing had almost 90-95% of market share but now????? can anyone exlplain that.

People go on and on about Airbus re-designing A350, have you guys forgotten how many ideas Boeing went through and even scrapped so called "sonic cruiser"??

A380 was delayed and all made a big fusss, what about 787,they are not even going to test the aircraft as intended, may meet the criteria and laws still delayed delayed delayed oh ya forgot AROUND 100 CANCELLED TOO.

bitichng , whining moanning about A vs B will never end and it shouldnt coz that what drives both manufacturers to make better planes, ofc A wins coz A is always before B

regards
VJC

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »
Apenfold may be biased but its true, boeing is good but AIRBUS BETTER. Also you have to admit that 30yrs ago there was no Airbus and Boeing had almost 90-95% of market share but now????? can anyone exlplain that.

Thirty years ago there was this company called McDonnell Douglas that made a large number of aircraft.  Airbus had existed for 10 years.  Also, the USSR still existed and they and their satellites mostly used Russian built aircraft.  What is this mythical land of 95% Boeing market share you speak of?

Airbus and Boeing are still here because they proved to be the best of all the companies that have tried the business of building large aircraft.  If one of them were really that much better than the other the worse company would have gone out of business by now.  It's not a business that you can be bad at and survive in for a long time (unlike the airlines that fly the planes for example). 

IMO, which one is better often comes down to who's design is newer and/or the specific application it'll be used in.   

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
Thirty years ago there was this company called McDonnell Douglas that made a large number of aircraft.  Airbus had existed for 10 years.  Also, the USSR still existed and they and their satellites mostly used Russian built aircraft.  What is this mythical land of 95% Boeing market share you speak of?

Airbus and Boeing are still here because they proved to be the best of all the companies that have tried the business of building large aircraft.  If one of them were really that much better than the other the worse company would have gone out of business by now.  It's not a business that you can be bad at and survive in for a long time (unlike the airlines that fly the planes for example). 

IMO, which one is better often comes down to who's design is newer and/or the specific application it'll be used in.   

just open your eyes and read what I wrote mate, I did not say boeing makes crap planes and still here, Just said Airbus is better. Also i may be wrong on the market share percentages but boeing has lost a lot of ground over the last 30 yrs in terms to market share even after taking over all the Mc Douglas etc etc they still behind in the market share.

Dont forget A350XWB has also got around 500 orders compared to 900 odd for so called "DREAMLINER" which is currently in state of "NIGHTMARELINER" for boeing, hope the plastic wings are glued well and wont drop off while crossing the atlantic  :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.