Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: This is getting ridiculous  (Read 7073 times)

Offline apenfold

• Members
This is getting ridiculous
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:01:37 PM »
When is the Airbus A340-600 going to be released, I know the dates are randomised to an extent but is this not a little too long?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: This is getting ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:15:55 PM »
It will be launched when it will be launched. ;)   = Won't tell you the date.

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »
Damn  :P, ah well guess I'll just have to wait  :(. But I'm guessing from that, that it wont be long   ;).

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:50:15 AM »
Note to Sami: Please can we have the next Airbus new aircraft announced at a decent time GMT rather than the middle of the night as the last 2 have been. ::)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »
I agree...

announce the A380 on european time preferably around 8 or 9 in the morning and send me a message up front so I can be the launch customar?

At that time Europe is at work and the US is sleeping and I can freely snatch them as the launch customar.
Same with the SSJ please...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
I agree...

announce the A380 on european time preferably around 8 or 9 in the morning and send me a message up front so I can be the launch customar?

At that time Europe is at work and the US is sleeping and I can freely snatch them as the launch customar.
Same with the SSJ please...

Dasha, be fair. You already got the A340-600. I have waiting for the Boeing 737-900 since the previous game year and now I'm waiting for the ER variant. I though they might launch at the same time.
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »
I dont have the 340-600.... only the 500... and I need to recapture certain routes from a certain person which goes a lot easier with an A380 before that certain person has them :P
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
Please could I get the A380 launch customer discount? ::) I'm going to direct purchase 50 in one go which will mean an initial saving of $500 million so a total saving of over $1bn (which I can use to help you guys with cheap planes). But pleeeeeease let me have the A380 L/C discount, the annoying thing is that if I had stayed up by 5 more mins (or there about's) I would have got the A346 L/C discount (I was up late  ;).

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
You can have it as long as I'm the Boeing 777-200LR launch customer and the Boeing 737-900ER launch customer! Okay? ::)

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »
Fine by me, I only got my Boeings as a temporary measure.... I'm an Airbus Boy! (Plus the $1bn makes a major difference).

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »
Fine by me, I only got my Boeings as a temporary measure.... I'm an Airbus Boy! (Plus the $1bn makes a major difference).

A Boeing Temp? That's kind of cruel to be using this brand name like that, don't you think?

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
I smell another Boeing vs. Airbus thread coming together.  ;D

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »
you may be right, I think maybe this should be settled once and for all! We all know Boeing can kick Airbus's a**anytime anywhere at any given time of the day! :)

kawalsahu

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »
Hi,

wow!how nice to hear everyone wants to be the launch customer for one a/c or another...it should be interesting to see who gets the WIN and the bragging rights until something better comes along.if i am right,in real world there is no discount for launch customer,is it?anyone has info or where i can find it?my company is 380 launch customer(in real life) and made airbus pay through its nose for the huge delay...

as for airbus vs boeing,boeing beats airbus hands down in terms of economy of scale.my company operates majority 777 fleet for the same reason.i think airbus is good with all the bells and whistles in the a/c but boeing is better with hardware and is trying to catch up wit airbus.not to say airbus a/c hardware is not impressive.its just that airbus seems to be stuck in the catch up mentality wit boeing in terms of production capacity.it always seems to do everything after boeing.like the A350 and all.

please do enlighten me if i am wrong in any of the above statements.

cheers

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
I'll bet SQ did! Mabey thats part of the reason for the break-even number of aircraft has doubled (combined with the euro and dollar situation). In all fairness the A380 is going to beat the 748 hands down, its too much of an old design that has passed it's life expectancy. I think that with regards to delays we should not forget the situation with the 787, how late is that now......? I also think that despite the popularity of the 787 it will have significant competition from the A350 which will be a very good aircraft. The A320 series is better than the 737 series, it has more orders and one aircraft is produced every day (beating the 787's apparent 1 every 3 days). The A330 is still a very good aircraft that airlines are using to cover the gap to the A350, the A340 has somewhat had it's day now as the efficiency of the 777 makes that a more attractive aircraft for the operators. However the A350 will offer competition to both the 787 and the 777 with the 800, 900 and then the 1000, respectively. Then there is the A380 which is in a league of its own, the 748 is no competition and will probably not sell. Despite the order delays the A380 still has 200 orders and I suspect once this recession is over and airlines have the financial availability they will order more of the type. Therefore I feel that Airbus is still the leading aircraft manufacturer and despite the delayed head start the 787 has the 380 will clinch it for Airbus and they will remain the best manufacturer for years to come.

mrose

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:49 PM »
I completely agree with Apenfold. Airbus can bring on these new designs most suited to serve their intended purpose, whereas Boeing seem to stick with old designs and simply just 'improve' them, probably to save money and when you have an aircraft as good as a 737 or 747, Boeing have obviously seen that keeping the general concept the same is a winning idea. However, in my opinion, 40 years is an extremely long time to retain the same design and it is the later Boeing aircraft such as the 757 upwards which have shown us what Boeing are truly capable of. Out of the two, I'd go for Airbus.

But we have to remember that it is not just between the large companies, and especially in this game world we have to remember the variety of smaller jets that are becoming available as well.

I'm not looking to start an argument, I'm just simply posting my opinion as is everyone else, and after all we are paying to enjoy the games provided and learn about running an airline, we are not paying to argue with one another.

M. Rose

----Deutsche Star CEO---- (ROTMA)
----EuroScot Express CEO---- (MT1)
----London Premier Airways CEO---- (ATB2)

Offline oggie84

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
Here's something to wet your appetites over - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2009/01/16/2008637265.pdf

Although it's last years (2008) order list, it seems to back up apenfold's post.

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Just barely but apen's post is highly biased of Airbus. No it is incredibly biased of Airbus. The two are farily equal and they both seem to share the spotlight. Once its Airbus, another time is Boeing. I predict that with the launch of the "Dream" whatever name Boeing has for that plane. The spotlight will shift, but Airbus of course will do something else thus shifting the spotlight once more.

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
Its called the A350 :P. Yea, I am a bit biased towards airbus but they are the better company and they make better planes. Three fleet groups (4 counting A300/310) against Boeing 73,74,75,76,77 and 78. Makes costing easier too!  ;D I think that we are both loyal to our countries (continents) manufacturers, which is fair enough as the 'big' airlines do it in real life (thanks to respective government subsidies and tax breaks ON BOTH SIDES)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:30:04 PM by apenfold »

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
Its called the A350 :P. Yea, I am a bit biased towards airbus but they are the better company and they make better planes. Three fleet groups (4 counting A300/310) against Boeing 73,74,75,76,77 and 78. Makes costing easier too!  ;D I think that we are both loyal to our countries (continents) manufacturers, which is fair enough as the 'big' airlines do it in real life (thanks to respective government subsidies and tax breaks ON BOTH SIDES)

If I remember correctly, you ran an all Boeing Fleet in the Jet Age game. You called yourself the largest fleet of Boeing 747-200's, isn't that right?

But apen, you need to scratch off the 757 model and early 737's and 747's. Its really the new variants going head to head. Boeing is a bit simpler compared to the variants Airbus has. You have the current generation 737 models (-600, -700, -800, and -900), some 767's, 777's, some 787's and a tad bit of 747's. And if I recall correctly, the Japanese demanded the 747-400D variants.

Back to your main comment, yah I guess we are both biased on our countries manufacturers. To be honest, I love Boeing but I do like Airbus as well. There planes are no joke and I love their level of technology. Don't get me wrong, Boeing is no slouch either, but the A380 is a big win for Airbus and once this is launched in this game, I will be placing a few orders. But till then, I will be waiting for the 777-200LR and the 777-300ER. I will use the 777-300ER to replace the fuel hungry 747 and the 777-200LR to take out the 767's and end "tech stop" routes.

Anybody else want to comment?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.