Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Feedback Please  (Read 10208 times)

Offline ali5541

• Members
Feedback Please
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:15:36 PM »
Good Day Everyone,

I would like some feedback for this Private Game. I put some very hard work into getting it together. I would like to know, if everyone is enjoying this game, maybe I'll put together another game when the next engine update comes along. Please, answer these 3 questions:

1) Are you enjoying this game? Yes? No? Why.

2) Are you running into difficulties? What's hard about this game? What do you like about it?

3) What do you think can be done to make this game better?
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: Feedback Please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »
Q1 - Yes - Small scenarion and the majority fo friendly people in the game.

Q2. No - Nothing really (yet), Ease of getting aircraft  ;D

Q3. Maybe more players  :-\

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
Thanks! More Input Please!

Online TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:23:44 PM »
would like to keep same players and open up the southern hemisphere. from MEX i could make a bomb on south american runs!!!

Strider

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:46:50 PM »
1) I'm enjoying the game as well, it a nice easy world and as said before aircraft are easy to obtain.

2) I bankrupted once but that was on my part.

3) The only thing i would suggest is add maybe 50 more players and open the southern hemisphere

Other than that great game thanks are owed to you and Sami.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:44 AM »
1) yes
2) a bit, but that is due to the scarse number of planes available on the used market
3) In a new game you might make it more difficult by NOT ALLOWING players to start at cat 5 airports like JFK,LHR, LAX, EHAM, CDG etc.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »
3) In a new game you might make it more difficult by NOT ALLOWING players to start at cat 5 airports like JFK,LHR, LAX, EHAM, CDG etc.

I like that idea too! so are you saying you can fly there but not base there?

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:19:01 AM »
1) I like it
2) I'm a noob so it's not exactly easy :P
3) Definitely open up southern hemisphere :) Maybe 50 more players and an advantage to those who start late in the game, because it is hard to get established starting late

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »
Thanks Everyone! However, I still do request for more input from other players in this game. Please, keep them coming!

Side Note:
Please also share your thoughts on the "Feature Request" forum. I have suggested an idea (that took me about 2 hrs to fully express and explain) that I really think should be in the game. Most of you might like this idea as well and so far, no one told me it has been suggested. The topic title is "Prestige Rating"

Thanks Again and in Advance to All

Offline T8KE0FF

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »
1) I was... Until I ran out of money because there were 4 yes 4 players at my base airport...

2) Its hard when theres like more then 2 players at one airport. Seriously... This needs to be tackled...

3) Have a limit on how many people can be at an airport.  ;)

Dorito_25

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
1) I was... Until I ran out of money because there were 4 yes 4 players at my base airport...

2) Its hard when theres like more then 2 players at one airport. Seriously... This needs to be tackled...

3) Have a limit on how many people can be at an airport.  ;)

So basically watch out for the amount of airlines based at one airport - I definitely like this idea. lol  :laugh:

1) - Yes I am enjoying this game. Nice and calm and gives me some areas to expand
2) - Ahh yes! Competitor puts flights on already over flowing routes! It gets really annoying! He can't benefit out of it - I had to change my WSSS-EGLL economy class tickets from $550 to $320!! And the pax was still below 50%!
3) - Watch out for amounts of airlines at each base, open southern hemi. - I would dominate. Only add maybe 25-50 players if it's whole world (perhaps 75).

Otherwise I really like it  ;)

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
So the 2 most requested changes so far are the following:

1) Limit the Number of Players Per Airport (Enforce This)

2) Open the Southern Hemisphere by Adding another 50 Players.

I like the idea of Keeping the Same Players in the game if everyone will be up to it when the next game engine is updated/released.

Side Note:
Please also share your thoughts on the "Feature Request" forum. I have suggested an idea (that took me about 2 hrs to fully express and explain) that I really think should be in the game. Most of you might like this idea as well and so far, no one told me it has been suggested. The topic title is "Prestige Rating"

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »
1. I am really enjoying this game (it's nice being 2nd or 3rd best airline on the planet). It was a great idea and I've properly been able to explore the advantages and disadvantages of EGLL.
2. No difficulties to speak of, apart from lack of slots at EGLL (come onto that in a min).
3. Defiantly enforce the limits at airports as promised (at EGLL there are several competitors however only 2 of some substance). I like competition but too many airlines at an airport is rubbish. The way I view it is that many joined later in the game, got small aircraft and operated short and high frequency routes. However many are unable to grow, and merely hold onto a small market share to survive, however the lack of growth kind of means that they are sitting there, unable to do anything holding themselves back and holding slots for basically no reason (I have a real issue with slots at EGLL :P - At least long haul aircraft only need 1 slot per day). Plus you should know that there is an airline at EGLL that set up in 1995 and has done nothing for all that time - it has no aircraft.

I also agree with the addition of the southern hemisphere and 50 additional players. (Although slot availability should be increased at larger airports (namely EGLL) to allow for airlines to expand into these markets).

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 02:00:18 PM »
More Feedback Please! Additionally, I would like some ideas about these changes to the next game world:

1) Enforcing the 3 or less Airlines per Airport
2) Add additional 50 people to the game and open the Southern Hemisphere

Now, Any ideas about Start-Up Assets? Game Length? Etc?

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »
Getting the Airway Sim adminstrators to actually do something instead of ignoring  customer complaints -would be a good start! 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:52:38 PM by ukatlantic »

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 04:32:24 AM »
I like that idea too! so are you saying you can fly there but not base there?
That is exactly what I mean.

Start from regional airports like East Midlands etc..

mrose

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:28:52 AM »
1. I am loving this game. The timescale is fantastic, and in comparison to 'The Modern Times 1' I think this game is better because I have seen up to 420 players in 'The Modern Times 1' and sometimes it is just too difficult to fly to or from a large airport because the chances are at least 2/3 other airlines will be competing. 150 players is a good amount, making expansion easy. Another 50 players wouldn't damage this, especially as an open Southern Hemisphere would evenly spread them out.

2. I am not finding this game as difficult as any other I have joined, and being the only airline based at an airport the size of Munich is fantastic! Competition is not as fierce as any other game because of the player limit, and there is relative freedom as to where can be flown to, no hugely over-saturated routes with at least 4 airlines competing is a real help.

3. My only improvements are what have already been suggested, another 50 players and a free world.

Much thanks owed to yourself and Sami for this fantastic game, best thing about it definitely being its length.

M. Rose

----Deutsche Star CEO---- (ROTMA)
----EuroScot Express CEO---- (MT1)
----London Premier Airways CEO---- (ATB2)

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
Hello all,

I think it would add a significant dimension to the game if one had to make a choice (at the beginning) for your airline as follows;

Domestic, Regional or Inter-continental (but only one)

The Domestic carrier can multi-leg inside the country (or group of states in the USA).

The Regional carriers can only single leg between countries (or groups of states of the USA) on the same continent/region.

The Inter-continental players can Single Leg from their base only and only between continents/regions.

So;

Domestic @ Madrid for Spain,
Regional @ Madrid for non-Spanish European destinations and,
Intercontinental @ Madrid to other non-European continents.

3 Different groups of Pax being served by 3 different Airlines out of the same airport in this case.

Of course some countries do not have a "domestic Market, but most would have a Regional and all have an Inter-continental market.

Another way would be to use the above system for delineation of areas, but only once you have earned enough $$ in the domestic market, you can move up to the regional market in the same region or the inter-continental market on that continent.  Thus the player starts small then grows and "re-starts" in the bigger pond, perhaps taking some $$ or aircraft with him.

I think this method would distribute demand for aircraft types and markets quite well.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards

Richard

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:08:52 PM by Riger »

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 07:34:08 AM »
Another thought if you do a next game dont have a 3 day head start for say 50 players before other players can join  :)

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
Another thought if you do a next game dont have a 3 day head start for say 50 players before other players can join  :)

Although I think this would be a good idea. I will continue to do that because that is the only way to round up popularity for the game. I know where your coming from. Simply be part of the first 50! :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.