Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airline newscast (dashboard)  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Airline newscast (dashboard)
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »

If there's anything what you'd like to see at the dashboard (in future versions) please cast your vote now ("or never")...  :P

Some planning going on soon.

citywalker

• Former member
Re: Airline newscast (dashboard)
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 06:19:44 AM »
It would be nice if my staff took the time to let me know through the news section when a competitor opens up a base at one of my bases, or starts competing on one of my routes.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Display all bases of bankrupt airlines in news feed
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 05:39:25 PM »
Second this, but furthermore can we also get rid of aircraft orders in the airline news feed?  The reason being I will rarely care what an airline is ordering on the other side of the world, but the information is largely irrelevant.  If I buy or lease 2 aircraft from the manufacturer, it broadcasts it to the world.  If I buy or lease the same 2 aircraft from the used market, no one would know...thus I believe this information is largely useless.

Offline weasel

• Members
Re: Re: Display all bases of bankrupt airlines in news feed
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
Instead of getting rid of certain information: Better would be to make items in the news feed optional, e.g. select in the settings what type of information somebody wants to have displayed. Same for Global Events.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
Agree. The news feed needs a total revamp. It would be good to have it separated in 3 main fields, showing the last five and a scroll-down list showing the last 100 (possible?). I suggest:

1- Events
a) random (accidents)
b) player made (bankruptcies + opening base + closing)
c) politically made (new countries, new economic zones... and flags?)

2- Aircraft
a) large orders: who is buying 20 (and above) new aircraft
b) production lines closing (this is very important, with the random events function they are now deleted after 2 months...)
c) production lines opening

3- Airports
a) enlargements
b) opening and closing

LA

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
Agree. The news feed needs a total revamp. It would be good to have it separated in 3 main fields, showing the last five and a scroll-down list showing the last 100 (possible?). I suggest:

There's a separate thread for all Dashboard suggestions, but this is a good list for the news feed. However my only problem is the layout here, and how to make it fit nicely without too much scrolling ... Thoughts?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 11:37:44 PM »
There's a separate thread for all Dashboard suggestions, but this is a good list for the news feed. However my only problem is the layout here, and how to make it fit nicely without too much scrolling ... Thoughts?

Have tabs where you can hide/show divs.  So you'd have tabs with the number of new items:

Large Order (0) / Production Lines Closing (1)  / Production Lines Opening (2)
<content>

Most players don't care about most of the items, so having most of them hidden is a good thing...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
The new dashboard is a little weird for some reason.  Instead of having 2 panes left/right for airline overview, I think it would be better to have the account info on the right under the  economic overview on the left so they are both in the left column.  Then have a combined stream of "new" items on the right column.  It would simply be a news feed including all of the "new" items in all the other tabs.  This would make it much more intuitive IMO.  The best part of the old dashboard was having all the info available at a glance, but the worst part was having all the info available at a glance.  By just having the new items, I think it will be a nice balance.

Offline kangkang

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 03:51:07 AM »
I liked the old-style dashboard with all the info at a glance.
It contained the recent news from the alliance forum as well, now i have to click separately to the menu to reach it  :(
United Atlantic Fleet
~^~Edmonton~^~

Offline Alberto

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »
I liked the old-style dashboard with all the info at a glance.
It contained the recent news from the alliance forum as well, now i have to click separately to the menu to reach it  :(

Every change brakes someone's workflow. To go back on topic, I agree that all bases should be listed in BK announcements.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.