As I am building the front page dashboard and the news unit there, I will also add news about airlines and their operation.
Now the only question remains which news do you see useful?
* When a new airline starts or someone does bust?
* Airline opening a new route? Or opening first route to a new destination? (*)
* Airline ordering new aircraft? (*)
* Airline events such as staff strikes and FAA/CAA fines?
* Alliance related news, like founding of a new alliance, or joining/quitting members?
* Anything else?
Items marked with (*) are a bit complicated as these things happen many many many times every game day and the news list of these would be endless.
Also, as the newsfeed box on the dashboard page is not very big, there is no room for additional tabs anymore - or otherwise the users with small (1024x) resolutions will start to see it in a bit wrong way. Thus the general airline news would have to be combined to some existing tab. Is it OK to combine press releases and other airline news, and once you select the airline press/news tab you can there filter (with a dropdown) which category of news items you wish to see (like only press releases or only alliance related news)?
I know that the world events tab is a bit useless right now but it's mainly reserved for future use and future features, besides of the current airport info.