Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet Size  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Jason777

• Members
Fleet Size
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
Just curious.....for a game that just started 3-4 days ago how is it that certain airlines can have a fleet size of 20-50 plus and orders of 20-40?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Fleet Size
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:58 PM »
It's easy to make money with a large airport and little competition, and especially now when the aircraft availability is good with a low number of players...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:16:05 AM »
But, with the current ordering system, we won't be getting any of these planes reasl soon.   MD11s and other large planes have a 26 day interim between when we will receive them.  That means, I get 2 new MD11/777 every human day.  It makes almost no sense in getting any more used, so I am stuck building slower right now.  

Also, this game was partially a test to see how much more of an advantage it is to start later in the game for possible future changes to the game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:43:09 AM by swiftus27 »

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
Airlines have 75 planes with orders of 30. HOW THE HECK is that possible? The game has barely been up for a week. Does that mean at the end of the game they should have around 850 planes at the end of the game. Just seems like a lot. I really don't see how they could be turning that much profit. I mean, I have a MD-88 flying a route that has a 3300 people demand and it's only half filling the plane. So how do these airlines expand so rapidly. Their 747's would have to be flying routes with a 10000 person demand. I hear people making a 1.5m profit off on a old 747. That would mean that they are pretty much filling their planes instantly. Did they do some serious advertising for every route. That woulda taken quite a bit of money. Not enough to have orders for 30 A330's or 777's. I just can't understand how these ginormous airlines come to be.
No replacement for displacement

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
Airlines have 75 planes with orders of 30. HOW THE HECK is that possible? The game has barely been up for a week. Does that mean at the end of the game they should have around 850 planes at the end of the game. Just seems like a lot. I really don't see how they could be turning that much profit. I mean, I have a MD-88 flying a route that has a 3300 people demand and it's only half filling the plane. So how do these airlines expand so rapidly. Their 747's would have to be flying routes with a 10000 person demand. I hear people making a 1.5m profit off on a old 747. That would mean that they are pretty much filling their planes instantly. Did they do some serious advertising for every route. That woulda taken quite a bit of money. Not enough to have orders for 30 A330's or 777's. I just can't understand how these ginormous airlines come to be.

I Frogiton, I completely understand your frustration, I used to ask the same kind of questions when I started playing this game. But within time, you'll learn to expand rapidly. Not at the rate they have (they are still whole lot better then me) but pretty fast. They know which bases to start at, which routes to do first, and mainly which aircraft's to start with. Hope this can explain some of your frustration.
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline Jason777

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »
Another point is that these airline were also part of the "private" game before it was opened to the public, therefore they had access to the better plans and bases for 3-4 days, which equals approx 20 weeks game time.  I too understand the frustration but it makes the game a little more challenging for us.  I hope that future games are open to all at the same time which would make the game a little fairer to all and would add more competition to everyone.

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »
Its a private game. If you wanted in, you could have singed up in front! Besides, I started later, and I am now in front of many airlines that started earlier then me, so it is very much possible to start later on in a game.

Cheers!  8)

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »
Another point is that these airline were also part of the "private" game before it was opened to the public, therefore they had access to the better plans and bases for 3-4 days, which equals approx 20 weeks game time.  I too understand the frustration but it makes the game a little more challenging for us.  I hope that future games are open to all at the same time which would make the game a little fairer to all and would add more competition to everyone.

We had access to the game only 2 days, the three days if you count the first 24hr period
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 01:30:23 AM »
It's pretty amazing how fast the expand. But anyways thanks guys. I guess an extra 3 days and you'd get some good planes in the used market and get the "good hubs".
No replacement for displacement

0zlw

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
Well It is quite easy to expand fast as long as you choose the right routes.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »

Also, guys, I've said this before and I will say it again...

This game is also here to help Sami gauge how much help we will need to give to airlines thrat dont start the game on the first day.

My goal was to expand as fast as possible and make a ton of money.  I want to see how fast one can dominate an airport.

Right now, I have 43 widebodies on order.

nomad127

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
I Frogiton, I completely understand your frustration, I used to ask the same kind of questions when I started playing this game. But within time, you'll learn to expand rapidly. Not at the rate they have (they are still whole lot better then me) but pretty fast. They know which bases to start at, which routes to do first, and mainly which aircraft's to start with. Hope this can explain some of your frustration.

Shouldn't that be randomized for every game??

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.