Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 3 airlines or less per airport?  (Read 4400 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
3 airlines or less per airport?
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »
Um, why are there 4 players at Tokyo Narita????????

Also, why would you people go to an airport where there are 3 other players when there are a total of 78? 

Offline oggie84

• Members
Re: 3 airlines or less per airport?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:45:21 AM »
So has Heathrow and Gatwick...

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:30:05 AM »
I stated the rules, but to be honest, I don't have control over if they follow or not.  :'(

I'm sorry guys, I have no control and I can't enforce my rules, if you would like, you can talk to sami
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Dorito_25

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 04:31:33 AM »
The thing is, is that people who came to join knew the rules. When it was opened, Sami put an information post and he said 
"If you plan to join this game world please select a home base that has less than two other airlines - as the player number is limited there plenty of space at the airports around the world".
So really the latest airlines to join in that home base have to move to another airport. When joining the game there was a post to the rules about 3 or less airlines at each base. The forum about the private game also included all this information.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
Narita is now down to 2 airlines.  Just wanted to mention.

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
unfortunatelly same is happening ins Amesterdam!....3 extra players to cry because they lost their credits!

i only wonder what part of "...If you plan to join this game world please select a home base that has less than two other airlines - as the player number is limited there plenty of space at the airports around the world...." dont you guys understand?!?!

b4 you all joined this world, you knew that there was a limit of players per hub?! why havent you guys respected it? now i reckon you will pay for it!...i strongly advise u to redo your strategy, as u may regret your choice....and believe me... you are not that far away!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 07:39:23 PM »
There is no rule for that and no way for us to enforce that either. It is only a suggestion / recommendation as the player number is so low that there is no need to cram at the same airports.. But if someone wants to, then it's his choice.  :P

At the start this was easy when you picked your bases before the world started but now when it's going and public there is no restriction on that, other than the recommendation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:42:08 PM by sami »

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »
Rules: Since it is a big game with little players, I want to limit the number of competition per airport, and so I want only three airlines per airport. No more then that; below is a list of initial players with the airport claimed; be sure to check all the lists before listing your name and the airport you wish to be in.

this was copied from the 1st post of all related to the game by ali5541. so to start with there are rules then the pictures changes, has long as the credits come in, i dont give a dam! no it is not correct. i decided to play because i agreed with the original rules, not whatever some1 feels like changing after!

it is a matter os respect, nothing else. if i was to be done like this we should have been told, or is should have been writen somewhere!
as long as the game gets credits in, the moderators wont really worry! yes i am upset, not because i am scared of any competitors, has you will see pretty soon, but due to the incorrect actions...that simply go against the principle of the private game!

yes, you can judge me now! say whatever you feel like, use whatever excuses and suggestions, but there was something we agreed when signed up for the game! the rules should be made  not be bended or to cut any corners!

guess we will have to enforce it ourselves guys! has we havent the support from the "right" persons!

Carlos Carlos

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
I agree... the rule was set that only 2 or three players per airport..

That was the intention of the game, to keep it easy and simple.

That said, players joining an airport with three players already make it hard on themselves and if anybody needs help fending off some 'unwanted' guests please let me know and I'll help you :)

We can always enforce our own rules..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »
We can always enforce our own rules..

No, you may not. By starting to act like that you are just putting yourself into a bad position.   (So any "harrassing" messages or similar acts are strictly forbidden - as always. Just as a friendly reminder.)

A restriction of number of airlines per airport has never been an option in the game worlds by the system design - and it was not discussed / mentioned by the person who suggested this world, other than that one public thread (which was assumed to be only for the initial ~30 players). If the matter would have been asked I would have told that it is not possible to be arranged without modifications to the game engine.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:29:14 PM by sami »

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
If I want to flood a route, fighting off people on my hub, I can do that..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »
carefull u may get a dodgy end of year tax calculation!....

you cant even give the public a good service with lots of availability at cheap prices.....damn!
oh well...here we go...the public thread is where members saw what was being offered. if there was a "rules"  change we, players, should have been notified! not being forced to play now in dodgy grounds..

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:33:17 PM by carloscarlos »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »
Well - sorry about the miscommunication in this case.

The person "in charge" for this world was a bit too eager in this case, he for example announced all the game dates and prices and everything before we were able to comment on them properly, and the requests have also changed on the way. It is always a bit difficult to organize these "private" worlds as there has to be proper interest from the players before we can consider setting it up, but to get the interest some game specs are of course needed.

Setting up private games is a bit laborous for us compared to other worlds and they are not really intended for "regular" gaming but for some other more specific uses. But since there was enough interest for this we decided to go ahead with it, also as a sort of an test to see how a small player number works out and so on.

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »
well i am sorry but we were informed of ....taken from the original thread...."The purpose of this private game is to create a smaller game with less competition and more connectivity between players. This game would be great for beginners trying to interact with other players and learn there way around the game...."

now you tell me how can somebody who is an amateur that decided to join the game originally from the start, picked a hub with no competitors, thinking well this is a good idea for me to try to planmy routes, aircrafts, prices etc etc....learn a bit more about the game!...and now sees them selves surrounded by 3/4 other players!? this isnt for me, but i know for a fact there are some players upset at this situation, and pretty soon will go down due to having big and old sharks that play the game with their eyes closed.

just dont think it is correct, because it is not misscommunication. it is lack of respect for the less experienced players. why dont you just give the sharks a chance to relocate them selves?!

i have talked too much, i am fighting for something that doesnt belong to me! wrong....as for me....i will take care of the competition!

gd luck to everyone!

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »
honestly, I'm speechless  :-[

I can't find anything to say.
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »
I guess the problem is, you cant see which airports have airlines based at them when you enter the game for the first time... It would be sensible now however for those airlines which have started at bases where two or three airlines already based to bankrupt and move elsewhere. There are hundreds of airprts and its silly that we're going to be fighting over a handful of hubs.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
You CAN see them actually. Just use the "basefinder" / "click here to find an airport" tool opening into a new window..

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 06:24:26 AM »
Hahahaha NorgeFly, proven wrong :P

Offline MensaJay2

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »
I agree with the guy above, let ppl hub whereever they want. If there are 7 at JFK WHO CARES!!!! Just do it the old fashioned way and run them out of business, Its what they do in modern times!!!!

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
I agree with the guy above, let ppl hub whereever they want. If there are 7 at JFK WHO CARES!!!! Just do it the old fashioned way and run them out of business, Its what they do in modern times!!!!

Totally agree, I don't think many new players. (Like I am and I just realized) know that a wrold outside of class 4 and 5 airports exists. I've been making more money flying out of a class 2/3 airports than I ever did at any big one. Plenty of route demand and ZERO!!!! competition.

There is also plenty of class 2 ones that have PLENTY of PAX to be flown.....like I said, I don't think a lot of new guys catch on to this soon enough.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.