Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Maybe Success?  (Read 2323 times)

masoniclight

• Former member
Maybe Success?
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
Well, I took the leap once more.. its gonna be something.. we shall see if things will work out.. cautious optimism is the watchword  ;D Sin City Airlines begins... good luck to all playing this game, it should be fun.

Offline Dasha

• Members
Re: Maybe Success?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:53:52 PM »
So far I beat you all on liveries.... by miles :P

but results from the past offer no certainty for the future..

so indeed good luck... let's build a nice lead before the 'normal' people join :)
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:49:30 PM »
Thanks for Joining and hoping to see everyone prosper! (I said Hoping)
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

Offline T8KE0FF

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »
So far I beat you all on liveries.... by miles :P

but results from the past offer no certainty for the future..

so indeed good luck... let's build a nice lead before the 'normal' people join :)
I have a great livery  ;D

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »
Masonic, stop flying to so many cities.

Your job is to get those planes in the air as many times as you can.  A 200nm flight is only a fraction cheaper than a 1000nm flight.   Fly 1 red-eye to the east, and after it comes back, fly it many times to all the airports within 500nm.    Remember, your RI goes up quicker with more frequent flights.   

If you plan on going regional at all, get a ton of Dash 8s or Fokker 50s.  Fly them to every place you can that is under 350nm.

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
Well noted Swiftus! Thanks... I have to tell you though, that is what I have tried in almost every game! One (or two) long haul flights (for the big cash) and then regional to death... it has never worked to this point.. well almost did once, way back about game 2 or so, I had Fokker 27s & 28s flying everywhere... almost made it until the c-checks started to come in.. then died.. I had about 12 planes at the time.. wow.. that was a bad lesson to learn! Those short flights could in no way cover the costs of that two week delay in revenue... but we'll see. I appreciate your insight.. keep letting me know anything you come across that I'm doing wrong. Yeah, I yearn to do a more regional airline but I don't think this game lends itself at all to such a venture... it always seems that you have to have the biggest plane that flies the longest routes to make any money... kinda sad really.. this is why I WISH that Sami would create a game that began in say 1945 so that NO ONE, not even veterans of the game would have access to the jumbo jets and "cattle car" planes you see after 1960 or so.. or if Sami would create a game where NO ONE could use jets at all!! That would be a challenge!!! I'd like to see some of the players around here who seem to always have the massive airlines deal with that!! But alas, I doesn't look like Sami is ever going to make a very early period game nor a game where only prop planes can be used or where you aren't allowed to have a plane that has more than say 70 PAX... again.. kinda sad...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:58:47 PM by masoniclight »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »
Masonic, I make a ton of money on small planes.  Fokker27s and Fokker 50s are easy to make money with.  I have some that show over a 300k profit and I have them leased!.

Again, the trick is keeping them in the air.  10 flights a day (NOT ROUTES) is where they start pulling in big revenue.  

However, they mainly work as an airline supplement and not the anchor to your airline.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »
The problem with very early worlds is still that paxes do not "bank"/move to another days inside the week.. That makes it still too difficult.

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
Thanks for that Sami.
Still, it would make a very VERY interesting game if at the least if one world was created where we would either be forced to use only prop planes or planes that held no more than say 50-70 PAX... just to see how good some of the players currently, who do the same routine of buying the biggest plane with the most seats and that fly 4000+ miles.. yada, yada, yada.. would really do in that environment.. my guess is they would struggle a bit... a game like that would also probably force a truly regional styled gameplay.. well, it would be interesting anyway.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
Actually my first airline was a domestic based in India... I liked that a lot more. You could still manage the routes individually.

I hope one day when the Russian demand is more realistic make a profitable all Russian carrier..
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 04:54:16 AM »
Sin City airlines has disappeared off the map  :o Dang No competition  ;D That is unless Sin City Airlines left Sin City :P

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
He quit.

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
Dang  :(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.