Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: International Demand - KIND  (Read 2415 times)

nogdog

• Former member
International Demand - KIND
« on: October 03, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
Just wondering why there seems to be no international demand to Europe out of Indianapolis.  I would've thought there would be at least some demand to the big cities - London, Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, etc.  I don't see any.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: International Demand - KIND
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »
Indianapolis isn't exactly big international airport in real life  ::) I think they do have some services to Canada but that's about it...

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:12:40 PM »
Its probably because the airport has 0-1% longhual international demand, as it does not include where passengers connect (ORD, NYC, IAD, etc). :)
Founder of the Star Alliance!

nogdog

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
In "real" life, there is demand to Europe.  I just got back from Switzerland and I live near Indy.  Just because I have to go to Chicago to get there, doesn't mean I wouldn't fly from Indy if it was offered.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
In "real" life, there is demand to Europe.  I just got back from Switzerland and I live near Indy.  Just because I have to go to Chicago to get there, doesn't mean I wouldn't fly from Indy if it was offered.

And that is the problem that AWS has currently.  All we're doing is mimicking the flow of air traffic today by using the available statistics.  You can't actually change reality at all.  You can't turn Indianapolis into a major international airport; though logically there's no reason why it couldn't be (or at least much larger than it is in reality).

The good news is that sami's working on a possible solution that will completely change the way that demand is calculated using live census and demographic data.  The bad news is that that sort of thing is incredibly complicated and will take quite some time to work on.  Until then, whenever "then" is, and it'll be many, many, months I'm sure, we've just got to make the best of what we've got.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.