Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Glitch in the Airbus ordering system  (Read 1580 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Glitch in the Airbus ordering system
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:23 AM »
Guys, the Airbus "In Modern Times" ordering system is imbalanced compared to Boeing.

Aircraft types A333 / A340 200/300 are on the same order sheet.
this means facing a wait of 3 yrs at the moment, compared to the 747/757/767/777 Boeings that are all separated & around 1-2 yrs!

The other Airbus are more singular, but these 2 aircraft, especially when the A340-3 is relatively just launched, you just cant get any.

Can we have this looked at please?
i am sure with NO long haul used Aircraft, its really frustrating, & a lot of players are finding they will ditch the game, wich wont do anyone any good.

PLEASE can we have some supples of Used brought in also?

Its a Great game, you have some regular followers & its unique. But without sorting out this order process, you are n will lose players..
Thanks

damar_cahsolo

• Former member
Re: Glitch in the Airbus ordering system
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »
maybe is it because the 330&340 are essentially the same aircraft in the real world? But yeah, I agree with you with regards to the order backlog. I just placed an order of A330 and have to wait until somewhere in 1995 for the planes to be delivered  :(

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »
In the game, as in real-life, the A330 and A340 share the same assembly line.  The 757/767/777 do not, their final assembly is separate and therefore orders of one do not block orders of the other.

You will probably not get them separated, nor will you get more aircraft on the Used market.  But what Sami may, and probably should, consider doing is allowing a greater variation in the dynamic production scheduling.  For whatever reason it's reacting in the near-term, but not changing anymore beyond that.  In 3 months time it's increasing production almost every month.  Then it does nothing, even while the queue continues to lengthen.

You probably can't expect queues to not be terribly much shorter than 2-3 years though on popular planes.  That's still a major concession over reality (and previous AWS games before dynamic production came into play in 1.1) where waits can be 2-3 times that long.  This is an almost 30 year game.  A wait of 3 years is a mere 10% of game-time.  If you're struggling to get planes quickly, so are your competitors.  Unless they have chosen alternate aircraft options, in which case you should too.  That's an extremely important dynamic of reality (particulary in this particular time-frame that we are currently in, when air-traffic was booming but order queues at Boeing and Airbus just got longer and longer) that should be, and is, accurately reflected here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:37:35 AM by Sigma »

roder

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »
Do the A330 / A340 get grouped together for fleet commonality costs as well?  Or will they be treated as separate equipment?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »
A330 and 340 are in the same fleet group, costwise and productionwise.

It follows the reality there (and no changes will be made to it).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
and btw. in reality the A330/A340 line production rate is lower than in AWS, less than 10/month. (However there is not that big backlog with it in reality)

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/05/13/326414/a330340-production-rate-aimed-at-8.5-a-month.html
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4015865/

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »
I don't play a game to be in reality I do it to escape reality how about the rest of you? ::)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.