Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Order Cancellation policies  (Read 1208 times)

ngaira

• Former member
Order Cancellation policies
« on: September 27, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »
Is it me or I have jus been coned. I made an order to lease new planes. I then wanted to change the order and get different aircraft. I thought I will be charged a cancellation charge or fee. But NO! I lost the whole amount that I paid when making the order. Is this in order?

Online freshmore

• Members
Re: Order Cancellation policies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
i believe that is because you put a deposit down and the manufacture keeps that if you cancel, you can change like seating configs and i think models within ten months before delivary but it has to be within ten months before delivery not say 3. and you can't get your deposit it back i'm afraid thats just life.

i may be but that should be the basic jist of it.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 11:15:55 AM »
thats painful man! But thanks. :)

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:23:46 AM »
I thought you could change 6 months before delivery...

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »
You can change the details of the order (even the variant as far as 1 year out), but you cannot change to a completely different model at any point.

dseckman

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:24 AM »
Can you change from one model to another so long as it is under one manufacture? I'm thinking about the recent change ANA made in cancelling their 787-3 orders in favor of the 787-8.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »
You can with a sufficient window (I can't remember what it is in-game right now).

But, one thing you can't do presently is change to a model that didn't exist at the time you placed your order.  While, yes, this occassionally happens in reality (sometimes the manufacturers even try to get them to do it in order to phase out the earlier model sooner and cut some costs), there are problems with doing that in-game.  We have the benefit of knowing the future.  We know for a fact that there are superior versions of a model coming out at later dates.  We could abuse that knowledge, order lots of planes of a lesser model, then upgrade it later on when our prophecy inevitably comes true.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.