Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Small Aircraft  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Small Aircraft
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
So currently it seems that there is only 1 major way playing airwaysim if you want to mess with the big boys, and this should be changed. It should be possible to build a financially successful regional airline or an LCC, not just a conventional airline with normal jets, and normal prices.

I think it should even be possible to run a Low Cost business profile. Where you pay less for infrastructure use, training, wages, aircraft leases (by setting it to a minimum of 10 years, up to 15, 20 or 22,5 years). LCC's should NOT be able to sell first class and Business. Only Econemy tickets. There could even be a fouth passenger category which is LCC demand only. Think about EHAM to EGGW with 500 demand for FCC only. Currently there are a dozen of flights on the route in reality so it should be an interesting "add on" to the game. To EGKK you could have something like 700 pax LCC demand.

By doing so you create another business profile in the game without hurting the current game to much. Economy is Economy so a number of the "not LCC only" Economy pax can decide to travel LCC instead of the normal airliners. Better then "standard economy" seating should be forbidden for LCC's.

Furthermore LCC's should not get a high CI but the max should be something between 40 to 50%. This is becouse of the level of service. RI would be gained much slower.

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »
I like the idea, it could be globally adopted to have a main switch in the game where you could set the focus of your airline, with 4 settings:
1. Normal full fare airline (the current setting)
2. Regional airline with lower marketing costs, higher training costs, but lower crew costs, because crews don't need hotels. Lower slot price, but higher weather dependability (no Cat III at small regional airports)
3. LCC (marketing income possible, lower crew costs than regionals, lower maintenance costs, with less cleaning crews, faster turn around but you are only allowed to have Y Seats and only low comfort seats available, only leases for 4-8 years available (LCC don' do D checks, they return the planes before that)
4. High prestige Carrier (like Privatair), only C and F Seats, high costs, but high income

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:21:50 PM by Razor2 »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
If this game wants to do something more interesting/fun, it will

Restrict airports to the size of the first page of each large nation.  Perhaps have 30-50 airports per continent AT MOST.  Thats around 200 airports. 

Then, get rid of all aircraft under 90pax.  They would serve no purpose in this game.

International planes make way too much money.   Small planes make too little.

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
But I LIKE playing a small airline. At the moment I'm based at Jamaica with fleet of 40 aircraft (Saab 2000, F70/100 & MD80) and I'm enjoying it much more than my previous game with over 150 wide-bodies (half of them with no routes) and top ten places when I still was active. Now I've expanded nearly to maximum extend and seeking new aircraft to make more routes profitable. I'm planing to open routes to Europe with A321/A319s... I could get as much as ten new profitable routes!

And I'm facing practically no competition  ;)

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »
I think for budget airlines to work properly sami would have to introduce price-elasticity, where demand is stimulated by lower prices. Also, passenger demand will have to be spawned based on their travel preferences, so in a market you will have a mix of business travellers who prefer frequency and service, budget travellers who prefer the low cost cheap option and so forth.

In such a case demand could be stimulated by low-cost airlines offering cheaper flights, while the business passengers would stick to the carrier offering better service i.e. on-time peformance, hard and soft product on board, network spread etc.

This would involve enormous amount of work to be done properly but it would add a whole new layer to an already great simulator.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.