Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Here we go again... aircraft shortage!  (Read 6212 times)

kevinmh

• Former member
Re: Here we go again... aircraft shortage!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »
......how to play without planes? Sit in fount of the computer and wait for new planes? 8) Although I agree that if everything can be done quickly, after 5-10 years the game will be nothing to play with  ;)

anyway, I think the problem here is a bit different from the real world? The planes move around between small airlines, after their new planes arrived. But in here the planes are all locked inside the airlines, most of the people do not return them (maybe just because still waiting for new planes). There are 200+ DC-10 and 120+ tristars being produced in the world, but none of them appear on the used market. I think the world is just too many people......

I suggest when there is an airline declaring bankruptcy, all its (owned and leased) planes should release in the used market immediately, instead of just disappeared. Although this cannot completely solve the problem, at least it can help a little.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 04:00:02 AM »
I suggest when there is an airline declaring bankruptcy, all its (owned and leased) planes should release in the used market immediately, instead of just disappeared. Although this cannot completely solve the problem, at least it can help a little.

That used to be the way it worked.  Now they go into the pool to be trickled in over time.  This actually works a bit better in my opinion.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
they do not disappear...

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »
That used to be the way it worked.  Now they go into the pool to be trickled in over time.  This actually works a bit better in my opinion.

Agreed. Because when the planes were all released immediately, that system could easily and probably was easily abused, because the CEO of that airline could let someone else know and that someone else would gain access potentially to a bunch of planes.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »
well, no, not without planes, but seek alternative planes as someone had mentioned earlier or exersice patience alltogether.

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »
Me too thats why I have decided to withdraw from any further game playing until the odds are evened out a little.Or there are more worlds with less players. :'(I'm crying

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
Hey what if we had to bid on used planes?The higher the bid the .......well nevermind

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »
Me too thats why I have decided to withdraw from any further game playing until the odds are evened out a little.Or there are more worlds with less players. :'(I'm crying

Its a phase you are going through and before long you shall be back with a better fighting spirit  ;D This game is somehow addictive. You will quit now, but am very sure you will be back soon!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Go see other games. there are scores of planes just sitting there.

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »
It is addictive and I think there putting hidden messages on my browser...LOL :laugh:

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »
OMG!!!  ;D ITS RAINING Boeings! old ones but I've noticed an influx of the 'popular' planes  ;D Good things come to those that wait hahaha, aircraft shortage never existed anyway

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
still... the DC10 are missing!

I need DC10s...before the A333 arrives

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 05:59:23 AM »
Hahahahaha yes I noticed a couple yesterday missed them tho  :-\ But until I can make some money these 707's and 727's and DC9's shall suffice  ;D But they are getting old...

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 09:32:59 AM »
There is one DC10 at the used market  8)

WOW now there's an Airbus A300!  :o  

Nevermind...
 ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:23:01 PM by mtnlion »

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Am i paying to play this game or paying to sit in front of my pc?

When i started there was no big planes on the used market and there has been none that i have seen since.

So i decided to start with with smaller planes hopeing to make a small profit alas as time goes on my maintainance costs are going sky high($800k+/yr c check for 1 F27), with no chance of being able to replace my ageing fleet i fear there is only one out and that's a restart

but with no new planes coming onto the market what am i to do?? restart another few weeks of sat in front of a monitor unable to do anything becuase this program does not support small airlines with small planes.

i too want this game to be as realistic as possible, but i am paying to play not watch.

*EDIT* one possible suggestion i have which might help the smaller airlines position would be to stop the age of fleet affecting the company image, my planes are all well maintained so why would customers be unhappy with the age? as long as the condition is ok, just an idea.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:32:01 PM by ban2 »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
You know there is a whole market outside of the Used one that's always got planes available... called the "NEW" market.

I haven't bought a used plane since the first week (real-life) of the game.  It's used to get me started with my first few planes.  That's it.  After that I get my butt in the order queue and keep it there, so I always have something showing up.  Otherwise you get reliant on the Used market, the New queue fills up on the good planes, and then you're stuck.

If you want to stick with smaller planes, the queues for those are short  You can order a Fokker 50, ATR-72, or an RJ with almost no wait.

And, yes, a new plane will cost you more, but it will likely use less fuel per passenger and the maintenance on it will be a tiny fraction of that on an older one.  

For example, a Fokker 50 only costs only $200K for a C-Check, that's 1/4th the amount of a two-decade old F27 that it replaced; and it's regular A/B checks are about half the price.  The newer plane moves 10% more passengers and with 10% less fuel; netting a 20% improvement in fuel per passenger.  It will also last a couple decades before needing replacement.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Bombardier Dash 8 for the win.  The only plane in that category that I like more than the Fokker 50.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »
Please "read my lips", not saying this any more ;D  -->   Flooding the used market with "enough" of "suitable" aircraft "all times" is not going to happen. There is, and will be, certain amount of used planes available all the times (and the number of aircraft made is also balanced to reflect what has been produced in the reality) - the system takes care of this. Why you then keep seeing those E110's and other small ones there "all the time" - that's because the "good ones" are sold very fast and other planes stay on the list longer (but they too are rotated and after some time disappear..).

But if the demand of aircraft is very high (like at the starting phases) it is not possible to start dumping hundreds and hundreds of extra aircraft just because they are needed. When the demand for aircraft is high, there is always a shortage of the most popular models, no matter what is done. And this, finding the proper strategy, is part of the play. You cannot expect to be able to grow at all times without any challenges on the way, was the concern then routes or aircraft.

I am planning to introduce for example staff market and availability concepts too. So just getting the plane and route is not enough, you need staff too - and qualified pilots for example may not always be there for you 24/7 to hire.... Of course part of the problem is that players spending more time are able to scout perhaps better deals on the market, but there is no solution for this - some "aircraft agents" wouldn't really be helpful as everyone would still fight for the same A320s and so on.

This said, there are still some minor changes coming (like the time when planes are put to market by brokers, and possibly one bigger change concerning new airlines (with other new features too) - but those will be announced separately). But the there will be NO major changes otherwise.

btw. at the moment I do see on the list A300, 2x ATR, RJ100, 727, 737-200, J31, J41, lots E120s, lots F50s, lots F28s, lots HS748s, DC-9, lots S340s .. all which I could take to my airline, if I'd have one. But finding an A320 on the used market .. good luck :P   So saying again, that think outside the box - there are others than Boeing and Airbus.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:42:27 PM by sami »

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »
I know that sami, hahahaha no a320's aye? I just picked up one  ;D

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »

I am planning to introduce for example staff market and availability concepts too. So just getting the plane and route is not enough, you need staff too - and qualified pilots for example may not always be there for you 24/7 to hire.... Of course part of the problem is that players spending more time are able to scout perhaps better deals on the market, but there is no solution for this - some "aircraft agents" wouldn't really be helpful as everyone would still fight for the same A320s and so on.

These concepts sound quite good! But if your going to have market conditions for hiring staff at some point in a fuiture development, are you also going to have a new concept that will allow an airline to start its own Pilot and Cabin Crew Training Schools or even agree contracts with 'Virtual Air Crew Training acadamey to source suitable pilots etc? -

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.