Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Here we go again... aircraft shortage!  (Read 6207 times)

Filippo

• Former member
Here we go again... aircraft shortage!
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:33:38 AM »
I've been looking at the used ac market and there's not much! Let's hope it changes soon!

aircanada

• Former member
Re: Here we go again... aircraft shortage!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
Probably because the aircraft you are wanting is A) at this time in short supply B) everyone wants  I am having trouble getting the B757 as it is making lots of money for me and am utilizing it TATL and it is doing awesome.  Just waiting for the A320 to replace my 3 B727's

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
Well that is once more just normal, as everyone is hogging used planes as much as they can and using the every last penny they can get. Pumping more planes to the market wouldn't really solve anything (saying that before someone even mentions it).

aircanada

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
I know it is, wait till later in the game when more airlines start buying new planes then there will be more used planes available

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »
Yes, its bad, no medium or long haul aircraft on used market at present.

I have new Airbus & MD11 long haul fleets, so look out, i shall be selling off some DC10's in the coming weeks...
They wont be cheap but high end of the lease scale, or for sale.
My DC10's are making $260,000 a day profit, so they have some years left n are a V profitable short to medium option.
Contact me ig you wish to buy we can arrange it when n where.
CEO Possum Airlines - Serving Australia.

ALLIANCES -
Looking for  2 partners to start an Alliance also soon, must have 6 months & 10 aicraft with a health balance or asset sheet.
Contact me pls...strategically placed in each continent, we could start one of the earliest to be established.
Thanks Guys

zamelo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. There are never any used Boeing or Airbus aircraft available. How is this realistic?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
Actually, there's a lot.

Problem is that certain players know the exact times that they show up on the market, and are waiting for them.  Some of them are getting 6-10 highly-sought Boeings every single RL day, while most other people never see any.

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
I believe that is not possible anymore, because the times differ every week (that's wat Sami said some time ago). But there are 400 people that need cheap Airbus' and Boeing's! So no wonder they're always sold out.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
The days may differ, but the times sure don't.

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »
I guess I'm guilty as charged! Sorry Sigma :) What should happen is that the times during the day get randomized as well as the days during the week as it is right now.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:21:35 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. There are never any used Boeing or Airbus aircraft available. How is this realistic?

One really cannot expect to have various most popular aircraft models in the used aircraft selection all the time.

It is no surprise that aircraft with new production queues for 2-4 years are also popular as used models - even more at the start times of each game world when airlines are growing fast and are not yet ready to commit to newly ordered planes. And no change we do does not remove this fact, and most certainly it's not possible to just to start adding dozens of new planes to the market just for this reason. The aircraft availability is part of the strategy in reality and here too.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »
oh yes, one more thing. After investigating a bit I will change the brokers to put the planes to market at random hours too, not just random days. It seems to be possible technically...

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »
I think the problem is not SOMEONE are waiting, but EVERYONE is waiting for the used market......there is 400 people doing the same thing. Maybe there is no way out unless more planes, but that will effect the game play a lot......

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
in fact it's VERY realisic...

you honestly believe you can walk up to an aircraft broker and go home with an airbus or boeing? That's a bit naive. There is NO shortage on aircraft but a shortage of aircrafts YOU want.

A good airline/player can be profitable even with the less common planes. There are a lot more aircraft out there than Boeing and Airbus and some are even better options than those two...

So in stead of whining every game about this 'aircraft shortage' you might want to find out how to make some other models profitable.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

zamelo

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 10:56:09 AM »
in fact it's VERY realisic...

you honestly believe you can walk up to an aircraft broker and go home with an airbus or boeing? That's a bit naive. There is NO shortage on aircraft but a shortage of aircrafts YOU want.

A good airline/player can be profitable even with the less common planes. There are a lot more aircraft out there than Boeing and Airbus and some are even better options than those two...

So in stead of whining every game about this 'aircraft shortage' you might want to find out how to make some other models profitable.

No it is not realistic. In reality there are ALWAYS used boeings on the market. I work for an airline..

I can understand if its part of the game but when you can't find any used aircraft that can fly the distance for most of your routes it becomes impossible to play the game.

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
I work for an airline too. One that doesn't buy the Boeings from the California desert...

anyway.. my point was to everybody to stop whining about the shortage of planes.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »
I work too ;)  and there will be NO major changes to the system, please read what I wrote previously.

zamelo

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
no need to get cheesy - this is a forum for airing game issues.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
Hey sami, I see this topic will never end! And now its even getting heated. Lets turn the heat down a little and agree with Dasha.... lets stop whinning and play the game 8).

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »
......how to play without planes? Sit in fount of the computer and wait for new planes? 8) Although I agree that if everything can be done quickly, after 5-10 years the game will be nothing to play with  ;)

anyway, I think the problem here is a bit different from the real world? The planes move around between small airlines, after their new planes arrived. But in here the planes are all locked inside the airlines, most of the people do not return them (maybe just because still waiting for new planes). There are 200+ DC-10 and 120+ tristars being produced in the world, but none of them appear on the used market. I think the world is just too many people......

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.