Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Pax Demand?  (Read 1319 times)

27kid

• Former member
Pax Demand?
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
Hey Guys,

hope everyone is doing fine during these very initial stages of the game. I have one question: I haven't played the last round of games, so my last experience with AWS is the Jet Age #1. Back then, it usually was not a big problem to fill a/c as long as demand was there and you would price reasonably.

Now, I understand that company image, seat config, a/c type and age etc. became more important with the new engine, but I am using an 8 1/2 yr old A300 on a SFO-HNL sector with no competitors, but still never managed to bring pax load to more than 65%. Comany image is 50 and rising and I have trimmed prices down twice. I am barely making money, which never happend to this extent before...

So what's the deal?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Pax Demand?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »
You need to wait a while and be patient for the route image (= how well route pair is known amongst the public) to raise.

And/or initially lower the prices on new routes.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 05:44:44 PM »
If you want to fly at maximum payload from day one you should reduce prices by 25%.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
Hm... I am flying three class standard configs and getting 90+ LF on all three classes for both my routes. This is with 10% off default.

My CI isn't even at 50 yet.

Talentz

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
Find one route guys, & put all yr aicraft into utilise its Maximum capacity.

take up all the max sets needed.
DONT FORGET, do your marketing a few weeks before. If its not known about it will run below capcity.
then balance yr fares til demand rises. this may take several weeks, but make sudden discounts, & when other compete, you are all too low & thr route wont profit anymore.

Or ditch yr route, n find a moderate route you can take all capacity no one else has & prime that.

Seating configurations are important as are flights throughout the day to attract new & reg custom.
Hope that helps working well for me at capacity over 93% in all classes on average over all routes.
Aircraft that have a decent capacity 150+ are the best on short haul routes, still use only 2 pilots. Configure them to be comfortable, but max yr capacity to demand. These are the key elements to yr % seats taken up.
Hope that helps.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.