Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Better Engineering C&D Maintenance Scheduling  (Read 2209 times)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
[-] Better Engineering C&D Maintenance Scheduling
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
Is it possible to set up a better engineering system for aircraft so when you order aircraft and they arrive you can effectively pre schedule their C&D checks? - I dont know- maybe have like a slot system similar to what you have for ordering new aircraft but where you can allocate your aircraft for C or D Check maintance allowing the scheduling sytem to run like a diary for the duration of the game.

This will then allow you to schedule new aircraft as they arrive at your base to pre-schedule it for engineering at a future date.

I find the current system frustrating when your running a large fleet and if you can preschedule it - I'm sure life would be alot easier.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:18:23 AM by sami »

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
Re: Better Engineering C&D Maintenance Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
I propose a maintenance calendar.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:55:06 PM »
I like this idea a lot!

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
I'd still like to be able to schedule an a/c (of the same type) to cover the routes of the a/c's in c & d check (along with the proposed maintenance calendar).  Maybe this a/c could be let out as a charter plane when not busy or give it secondary priority routes when it isn't covering maintenance.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
Im just talking about getting the aircraft in C/D Check to start off with - I have 170 odd aircraft currently with about another 100 arriving and its messy - but if you have a diary typoe system where you can allocate each fleet type to certain days/weeks/months then it surely will make things better and then you can have some spare charter aircraft to take the slack especially when dreaded D check time arrive and an a/c is out for a quarter of the year!

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »
I have been thinking of the calendar idea for MONTHS now. I was just to lazy to explain my idea.  :P

The calendar would be like a regular one except that the boxes with a C or D check would be filled with a color. Yellow for C, and red for D. If there is a C and D check on the same day, the box would be half yellow and half red. You can hover over the boxes to see which airplane will go into maintenance. The checks are automatically put on the calendar as soon as an a/c arrives. You may wish to change the date but only earlier.

Ex: One of your a/c is due for a C check on April 24, 2002. That is the latest date you can perform the check. You can move it back to let's say...March 25, 2002 because the old date may be too close to another C check. (This would help for financial reasons.)

I don't feel like explaining anymore so I'll let you guys elaborate.  8)

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 12:50:23 AM »
I like the idea of scheduling C checks, no matter how it is arrived at.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »
I have been thinking of the calendar idea for MONTHS now. I was just to lazy to explain my idea.  :P

The calendar would be like a regular one except that the boxes with a C or D check would be filled with a color. Yellow for C, and red for D. If there is a C and D check on the same day, the box would be half yellow and half red. You can hover over the boxes to see which airplane will go into maintenance. The checks are automatically put on the calendar as soon as an a/c arrives. You may wish to change the date but only earlier.

Ex: One of your a/c is due for a C check on April 24, 2002. That is the latest date you can perform the check. You can move it back to let's say...March 25, 2002 because the old date may be too close to another C check. (This would help for financial reasons.)

Thats Exactly the type of thing I was thinking!  ;D

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »

I like this idea but I would allow players to put the C check to later place even if it means danger. It should say something like: "Warning, are you sure you want to put C check on later than suggested date?" or something :)

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
I agree with YB.

Additionally I think it would be more practical to show about 3, 4 months or more at once, possibly with weekly frequency, showing the duration of the checks, not only the starting point.  This will allow one to see a "gant chart" type view which will improve the visual interpretation of the checks/events. (Not unlike the scheduling page view).

Best Regards
Richard

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
Sami, what do you think about this?

Lamantijn84

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »
It's a great idea, but you can plan your C checks by doing them earlier and in that way change the date of it.

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »
If this is done, I would likd to see the following too:

Maintenance department:
Buy hangar (small/medium/large)
Buy ability to perform c and/or d check for a fleet group or engine

One hangar = one aircraft in maintenance at the same time.

OR buy the check from another company (cpu/player?)   

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
If this is done, I would likd to see the following too:

Maintenance department:
Buy hangar (small/medium/large)
Buy ability to perform c and/or d check for a fleet group or engine

One hangar = one aircraft in maintenance at the same time.

OR buy the check from another company (cpu/player?)   

oooooh.. now THAT is a cool idea.

The maintenance calendar is also a good idea.  Instead of having a specific calendar for each airplane, I think there should be a 'master calendar' that contains information for an entire fleet group/aircraft type (or maybe there should be an option on the 'airline settings' page to display the entire fleet on one calendar.. for people with smaller airlines and few planes)

In this master calendar, the tail numbers scheduled for maintenance on a specific day would be listed in that day's square, with colored text or icons indicating which type of maintenance is being performed on each.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:38 PM »
Absolutely outstanding!  Great suggestions by everyone.

Achilles

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 01:20:37 AM »
I agree with this. I like to lease an aicraft to cover my c/d checks, and its hard to always be at the computer to swap aircraft around so youre schedule is not in limbo while an aircraft is in maintenance!

Aeolus

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 08:11:53 PM »
I think this is a very useful feature but it was never given a hyphen or "ok". A visual representation of when our a/c are going into maintenance would be very helpful in the game.

MichaelG

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
I agree i have been thinking about something like this as well lately. would make it  a lot easier to build and enact a mtce sked when your working or sleeping.

Offline EricB

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:29 AM »
A nice feature would also be to have stand-by aircrafts that will automaticly "jump in" during checks, making routes beeing flown even tough the aircraft which normally operates the route is at maintenence.
// Eric Bergendahl

Offline COUGAR

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 04:15:33 AM »
^^ Would love to see the above idea implemented.

I am keeping a C-Check spare for each aircraft type in operation but have to manually cycle through the schedules each time. Requires constant attention!

would be nice if an aircraft could be marked as "Maintenance Spare" and used to cycle the C/D Checks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.