Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flights to North America?  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Marco

• Members
Flights to North America?
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:24:14 AM »
Hello all. My name is Marco and I run FlyShanghai on this world. My profits randomly dropped from 16 million a week to 2.5 a week and they have stayed like that for several months... I haven't done anything that could make my profits drop so hard nor have competition on my routes. I was checking my loadfactors and I found my Y seats are really low on economy seats on routes from Shanghai to North America? They're from 50%-70%, me being the only one flying the route, with default prices, 100% Punctuality, 2 minutes average delay, 100 RI, and the demand for Y class is higher than my seats offered, and I know there is less demand from NA to Shanghai than from Shanghai to NA. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :-\

Thanks for your help, Marco.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:36:39 AM by marc0o0o0o »

Offline Brockster

• Members
Re: Flights to North America?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
Are you using STD seating? If so, I'd recommend lowering your fares in Y about 10%.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
The fact that your OVERALL PROFIT drops may have got nothing to do with the sales. For example - have the fuel prices gone up or aircraft leases started to be paid after the 4 month period. Or at least a sales drop in a single route does not cause such high changes.

Please check the income sheet and compare it's values.

Offline Marco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »
Yes, they are standard seats.

Atlanta just fixed. The LF's went up to 85% and I did nothing.. Now I have nother question for you, Sami. Why is there less demand from North America to Asia than from Asia to North America? Is this a bug or there is a reason for that?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »
How much less?  If it's a variation of +/- 10%, it's normal.

Offline Marco

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »
SHA-IAH - 490 daily PAX
IAH-SHA - 360 daily PAX

SHA-EWR - 690 daily PAX
EWR-SHA - 520 daily PAX

SHA-MIA - 790 daily PAX
MIA-SHA - 560 daily PAX

That's almost 30% less. Sounds kinda nonsense even if it was just 10%... What happens to the rest of the PAX? They all move out to NA? They return in a boat? I don't think so. If you have a better explanation please tell me. :) Thanks for your help.

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
Shanghai isn't the only airport with that problem. Almost all of the LH routes from YYZ had that problem too (apart from Europe...), and I'm seeing similar figures with a lot of routes out of KUL to Europe and N.A.

EDIT: If these aren't normal differences and you plan to change them, could you give us a warning or wait until the next game so that we can re-schedule the planes which will be effected? Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:24:45 PM by Brockster »

Offline Marco

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:03:47 PM »
Another thing that I just noticed is that the C and F demand drops way too much. For example:
SHA-PHL - C53 F8
PHL-SHA - C22 F2

That can't be normal...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:06:11 PM by marc0o0o0o »

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
Yeah, here are two more examples.

This was in ATB1 and I assume it's still in ATB2, from YYZ. The first two are Toronto-Ridyah and Ridyah-Toronto and the second two are Jakarta-Toronto & Toronto-Jakarta.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 06:33:55 AM »
Quote from: marc0o0o0o
Sounds kinda nonsense even if it was just 10%... What happens to the rest of the PAX? They all move out to NA? They return in a boat? I don't think so. If you have a better explanation please tell me. :) Thanks for your help.

It can be a minimum of a 10% difference because your demand charts are, at best (depending on staffing level and morale level of your personnel), only 90-95% accurate.  This is actually noted right on the charts themselves.  They are not actual figures but rather estimates provided by your staff on what demand could potentially be at default pricing.

So, let's say the demand on a route is actually 1000 pax at default pricing.

You open one chart going one way and it reads 'low' at 920 pax.

You check the return route and it reads 'high' at 1080 pax.

You have a net difference of over 15%.  You can keep refreshing the charts and see just how much the demand changes; keep refreshing and you flip it around so the first shows much higher than the second.  On particularly dense routes your personnel might be off as much as 1-2 flights per day in their best estimates of demand.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:38:21 AM by Sigma »

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
I'm having this problem with my route from Manila to Vancouver. After opening up the "stats page" 15-20 times in each direction I've found the following:

Manila (RPLL) - Vancouver(CYVR): between 720 and 820 pax/day

Vancouver(CYVR) - Manila(RPLL): between 620 and 690 pax/day

So it's clearly something funny with the system, since the highest demand possibility on the return flight is lower than the lowest demand possibilty on the outward flight.

Stefan

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »
As I said, it is perfectly normal that the routes back and forth are not excatly the same in demand. (even with the route planning dept errors removed)

Offline Marco

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
As I said, it is perfectly normal that the routes back and forth are not excatly the same in demand. (even with the route planning dept errors removed)

May I know why is that normal? ???

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »

But surely a difference of 580 to 880 isn't normal?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.