Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why after this long is my airline still losing 200k+ a month?  (Read 1511 times)

humpmeimapilot

• Former member
My airline is Mission Aire out of KCVG.  I own one airplane and lease two others.  I have short hauls on exclusive routes with cheap prices and marketing on those routes.  I cannot seem to get anywhere near break even.  If someone would be kind enough to take a glance at my airline maybe throw some tips or suggestions that would be most appreciated.  Even a suggestion like.."Bankruptcy and start over like this..."would be great LOL thnx for any input!

PJ~Mission Aire

Offline powi

• Members
Re: Why after this long is my airline still losing 200k+ a month?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
One big reason I see is the maintenance cost of those old Soviet planes. Your A&B checks for tiny 21 pax aircraft cost double what I pay for 10 year old 200pax 707s.

Another thing is that this game is not optimized form very small carriers. I think 40-50 pax aircraft is minimum to make profit. When you go to 100-150 pax aircarft you really start making money.

Offline apenfold

• Members
Re: Why after this long is my airline still losing 200k+ a month?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
I ran 2 very successful small carriers in the previous JA2 game, I entered in late in the game and there was no way that a long haul start up was going to work (I quit one because it got boring). And I was running EMB-120 and ATR42 aircraft which were making me fairly decent profits (enough to start to buy the aircraft). But as said above, they are newer and more popular American and European developments with low maintenance costs, it's probably the russian equipment that is costing you.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.