Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do you get 20 airplanes in less than 1 year???  (Read 2115 times)

Axis Air

• Former member
How do you get 20 airplanes in less than 1 year???
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
Just wondering how people get 20 or even 10 airplanes in less than 1 year I purchased credits thinking this was a fair playing field :-\
Any comments welcomed.

Kontio

• Former member
Re: How do you get 20 airplanes in less than 1 year???
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »
Maybe they know how to play the game, maximizing their profits and enabling rapid expansion? Hints on strategy are available on the forums and people are willing to take a look at you airline and tell you their thoughts on what you may be doing wrong and what you should do. I'm not sure what the "fair playing field" comments and angry smilies are referring to.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
Just wondering how people get 20 or even 10 airplanes in less than 1 year I purchased credits thinking this was a fair playing field :-\
Any comments welcomed.

Vickers Viscounts and DC-6s are dirt cheap, they have good fuel figures for an aircraft of this era and they were readily available at the start.  The majority of the airlines with high numbers all have at least one of these 2 types.  There are a few exceptions, of course, but you just have to analyse which aircraft use the least amount of fuel for the maximum number of passengers.  :)

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »
Thanks for the info!!

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »
The question has kinda been answered by the above posts.

T-props of the hay day were excellent aircraft. Viscounts, DC-7s, Vangaurds ect. Some of these aircraft were the fastest T-props in the world until the Q-400. Not only were they fast, but they had very good operating economics. As such, there profit potential was very good. Lets compare 3 types of T-props through the ages:

Vickers Viscount 810:

Seating: 65 (75 max)
Fuel: 640 kg/hr
Range: 1270nm
Speed: 310 kts
Crew: 3/2
Delivered: 1956

ATR 72-210

Seating: 66
Fuel: 590 kg/hr
Range: 700nm
Speed: 270 knts
Crew: 2/2
Delivered: 1989

Q-400

Seating: 70
Fuel: 760 kg/hr
Range: 1510 nm
Speed: 350 kts
Crew: 2/2
Delivered: 1998

Judging from the numbers, the Viscounts numbers stack up pretty good for a 40 yr old designed compared to the Q-400 eh? In some respects, the Viscount scores better then the 210, an aircraft produced 30 years later.

Its because of this Viscounts are the core aircraft in a number of big airlines across the world in JA#3.

Excellent operating economics + strong profit potential = a very good aircraft.

It doesn't hurt that you can turn a profit @ 30% LF too.. think you can do that with a 707 or DC-8?

Aircraft selection plays a major role in your ability to expand in the beginning of the game. Some aircraft are better then others for starting. At the start, you can have 2 707s or up to 7 Viscounts. Now, which airline will make more cash flow? 2 aircraft or 7?

Hopefully this helps

Talentz

Axis Air

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:44:58 PM »
Yes it does thanks alot I wasnt trying to be sarcastic just looking for input :D

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »
Why did they never upgrade the visxount 810 I would have gotten it in ATB 2

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:08 AM »
Current Vsicount fuel consomption is less than that of F.27, which uses same Dart series engines (but two fewer!), flies slower and has lower MTOW. I think I'll post a bug report now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.