Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Won't do maintenance?!?  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Won't do maintenance?!?
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:30:27 AM »
OK, well I'm in the red a bit, like most airlines. But now it's not letting me do any maintenance at all. I've been getting crazy fines because of unflyable planes flying. But I can't do the maintenance on the planes, I have it set to automatic but it doesn't matter. I can't do the maintenance on any of my planes and now I think I'm gonna go bankrupt with the fee's. HELP!!!

UPDATE: Now the plane leases can't be paid!! Why, I've been in debt much more than this on this game and it didn't matter. What's up?!? Was there a change in the game, I was doing good and now I'm screwed... :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:32:30 AM by Frogiton »
No replacement for displacement

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Won't do maintenance?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »
Sounds that you are already so much in the red that the goodwill from the bank has ended too .. so the company has been in deep trouble for long.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:50:39 PM »
I guess, but I see companies in the red way more than me... oh well. :-\ Thanks sami for responding!
No replacement for displacement

tgardner917

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »
Sami -  I see some airlines with -$12,000,000 or more... how is that?  At what point do they stop paying their leases and mx?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:59:43 AM »
Sami -  I see some airlines with -$12,000,000 or more... how is that?  At what point do they stop paying their leases and mx?

What you see is VALUE.  That's different than Cash. 

You can be sitting on tens of millions in Cash but have a value of many tens of negative millions.  What you do is simply borrow money then spend it.

Let's say you're sitting on $10M in cash and no assets or loans.  That means your value is $10M.
Then you borrow $60M.
Now you have $70M in cash.  But your value is still $10M.  This is because you have loans of $60M, so you subtract that from your cash to get your Value.
Then you spend that $60M on aircraft.
Now you still have $10M in cash.  But you have a loan of $60M.  So now your value is $-50M.

Still have plenty of cash in the bank, but your loans drive your value down.  Value doesn't put you into bankruptcy.  Your cash situation does.

tgardner917

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »
Thanks Sigma!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.