Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airports still needed!  (Read 19493 times)

Offline Seattle

• Members
Re: Airports still needed!
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2007, 03:46:57 AM »
Added:

Afghanistan (1) ;D

and Cameroon (4)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:23:55 PM by Seattle »
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
pls note (for all) - there are still some airports in the queue that I haven't added (been coding  ;) ), if you wonder why the airports you submitted during Xmas time hasn't been added yet.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 02:35:21 AM »
ok. Is it okay if I continue getting airports? :-\

(Contrary to belief, there are still quite a bit airports left)

AzZellon

• Former member
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
Let the ME for me Seattle, already sent around 50 airport's to Sami yesterday around the ME region. Another 20 or 30 going his soon; around this week hopefully or the next if he finishes updating the new airport script's. Focus on other region's Seattle, please leave the ME for me. :)

(Btw it's Kuwaiti from the AM forum's  8) )

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
Well, you ruined my plans. Im still going to do the ME becuase its the easiest left out region.  ;D

There are no airports in Seattle's region that have not been included ;D

Im guessing you've submitted the rest of Jordans, so I'll do former USSR countries. :laugh:

AzZellon

• Former member
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
Ok I'm fine with the former USSR countries, I did Georgia and Azerbaijan so leave these out. Leave the rest for me.. It's only Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman and Syria I think left to do.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 07:54:36 PM »
Leave Jordan too me ;D

when you do Saudi Arabia, I've already submitted all the big ones before, so dont any of the ones with 1 million + pax.

AzZellon

• Former member
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »
There's a lot more.. Mostly with < 1,000,000 PAX, I submitted the Iranian airport's and sami was fine with it. Saudi Arabia and some select countries are left. You can do Jordan if you want. There's only 6 or 8 KSA airport's in the AWS database, there's another 20 maybe coming on the way. Just leave it to me mate, this area is barren and lacking in many airport's, plus it's the one I alway's play with.  ;)

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 01:46:08 AM »
I just wanted to Jordan, so thanks! :)

Guillaume

• Former member
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »
I sent some data for missing airports in Norway and Iceland. I also sent data for airports in Greenland.

waerth

• Former member
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Let the ME for me Seattle, already sent around 50 airport's to Sami yesterday around the ME region. Another 20 or 30 going his soon; around this week hopefully or the next if he finishes updating the new airport script's. Focus on other region's Seattle, please leave the ME for me. :)

(Btw it's Kuwaiti from the AM forum's  8) )

That wouldn't be the same 50 airports I added for that other game would it???? I am a bit disappointed that the 100's of airports I add at the other game get added here and people take the credits for themselves.

Waerth

waerth

• Former member
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
There's a lot more.. Mostly with < 1,000,000 PAX, I submitted the Iranian airport's and sami was fine with it. Saudi Arabia and some select countries are left. You can do Jordan if you want. There's only 6 or 8 KSA airport's in the AWS database, there's another 20 maybe coming on the way. Just leave it to me mate, this area is barren and lacking in many airport's, plus it's the one I alway's play with.  ;)

Yeah I wondered who found the data for those other airports  :P .....

Waerth

AzZellon

• Former member
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
No they are not your airport's mate, this is international data that is free to be spread and published anywhere in the globe or on the internet, you did'nt publish it out to the public and you did'nt count the statistic's of those airport's all by yourself when they were built, so if you 'wondered' where they all came from, it's called internetional data and public statistic's, so please stop jabbering and ranting how you magically made up the data and submitted it, you helped in organizing and sharing it from a previous source; had you said that then no worries would have come up. Oh yeah and they were the airport's that I submitted to AM in the first place that got rejected due to incomplete PAX data. You then came in and did the airport's by yourself which was a great thing too because you have given me the PAX data that I've been looking for. At least learn from my example of how I thanked you and wished you luck when you bumped into my thread and claimed that you had the PAX data and will submit the airport data by yourself. It's okay mate, don't worry the airport list was in my spreadsheet long before you came, it's just I have absolutely no idea where the hell you got the PAX detail's from.. So yeah Waerth thank you for helping out, thank you for 'completing' the data that I had way before you did.  :P

P.S. If you wish to start a flame war feel free to do so in the appropriate AM forum's or contact me via PM or if you want we can talk via the mic on MSN, please leave these forum's untampered with regardless post's where you say "I did.." "I found.." "People take credit for what I did..".. And welcome to the AWS forum's, I hope you enjoy your time and make the most out of it, instead of jabbering endlessly, please help out in submitting airport's where you can take credit and play the game. Thank you.

8)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:28:56 PM by AzZellon »

waerth

• Former member
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
The airport data comes from great circle mapper and other likewise sites. That data is easy, anyone can find that. The pax data doesn't come from there though. I am surprised Sami accepts those without having you give him a source. Yes all data is public. But there is also something called courtesy.

I would enter data here as well if they would have an easy data entry screen. As I enter in large numbers at I time I do not really feel like entering them through emails. Maybe at a later point in time.

I will sit and wait for this game to open for the public or maybe when I am lucky when the beta testing starts, I am not in a hurry. It sure looks impressive.

Waerth

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »
Well, your supposed to include your sources ;)

AzZellon

• Former member
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »
The airport data comes from great circle mapper and other likewise sites. That data is easy, anyone can find that. The pax data doesn't come from there though. I am surprised Sami accepts those without having you give him a source. Yes all data is public. But there is also something called courtesy.

I would enter data here as well if they would have an easy data entry screen. As I enter in large numbers at I time I do not really feel like entering them through emails. Maybe at a later point in time.

I will sit and wait for this game to open for the public or maybe when I am lucky when the beta testing starts, I am not in a hurry. It sure looks impressive.

Waerth

Thank you for collaborating your point further on waerth.. Sorry to let you know that you need a source for submitting these airport's. Glad I have one. Please keep this thread to topic, if you want to say something beside's the topic of this thread please PM me or start your own thread somewhere else.  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:47:17 PM by AzZellon »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
I am a bit disappointed that the 100's of airports I add at the other game get added here and people take the credits for themselves.

Sorry but you are not making a valid point there. If some other airline game somewhere in the net has an airport XYZ and it is also added to this game, how is that wrong?  :P  If such an airport does exist in real life and it does have commercial traffic to it, then it's added to this database.

I have no idea of the format some other software want the airport data but for us you can see the required data from this topic so you can compare. Actually data pulled from gr.crc.mapper isn't useful to us as the airport base data is already available to us, and the passenger statistics and other data is the things that are needed.

Of course if you suspect that work you originally have made has gone public and is being spread without your permission then please contact me in private with further details and we'll see how we can investigate that.

Like the info topic I linked (^) points out one submitting airport data must always include the source of the data so that I am able to verify it if needed. (And it's not acceptable to dig the data from any other game of similar content as the data may not be valid there and it's their work.)

Also, feel of course free to submit new data (or make corrections to the current if you find any errors). In my mind there is no need for any fancy form system to submit the data as the current has proved to work out just fine.  :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:30:36 AM by sami »

love_bus

• Former member
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »
exactly what sami said.

I didn't know that the Sources where required, bloody good thing that i included them anyway!  :laugh: hehehe.

It would be plain stupid to submit airport info without any basic resource to back it. And im actually amazed at how many Airports have their own website (regional airports).. And if you cannot find that, the local council of that city being served by the airport typically has the info online at their website.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2008, 01:08:43 AM »
Of course, there's always a time when you have to estimate.

love_bus

• Former member
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2008, 06:36:44 AM »
Yes. you have to do that to some airports.

But of course, i always judge it on the Airlines + type Aircraft + Freq used to the certain airport in estimation. It takes time, but it's worth it in the end really...

But one thing that i have found handy, look up the Countries Department of Air Transportation (or DOT etc...), they typically have figures for nearly every airport concerned.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.