Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More players!?!  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Dasha

• Members
More players!?!
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
Okay we started with a large number of players... 375 or something and now we're up to 400!!

Sami you are my personal hero for making this game but when do you start a new game in ATB style and stop adding more open spots?
Obviously 400 players is a very big number and I really doubt how much fun it adds to the game if we shoot up to 450 players..

I think if you want to please the players open up a new ATB#3 or something simultaneously with the EU challenge?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
Re: More players!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
I'm having lots of fun with the current level of players in ATB2. Opening up a new ATB might leed to two similar games with not enough players, wich happened with the jet age 1 and 2.

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »
open it up to 500 :P

bring on the challenge :D

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »
No please don't. I think it's better having a extra server. This means that on the new server an additional 350 players are welcome. That is 150 more then allowing 500 players in this ATB. I believe even more people find this game and try it.... and then become addicted to it.

FatMikel

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:41 PM »
TBH, I think there are too many players in this game. Anyone joining now is going to find it extremely difficult or nigh on impossible to start any sort of good airline, and considering they'd have just paid 4 euros for the privilege, I don't think that's fair. Should have been capped at 150/200.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
I think 400 is fine.  It makes it interesting later on because people go pop with all the competition.  I started an airline at Munich in ATB in February, 40% the way through the game and still got in the top 50.  If you keep searching they'll be somewhere soon.  Atlanta, for example, had 9 or 10 players based there at the start and now there are only 6.  People get bored too and huge gaps appear.

FatMikel

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:05:52 PM »
Whilst that's very good for people who've been there since the start, it isn't very fair on new people who then have to compete against players with 90~ image and 90%+ LF and the majority of slots.

IMO, the game should have been closed to new players after a certain point, so nobody ends up wasting 10 credits.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
Should have been capped at 150/200.

200 airlines in the whole world.. emh. No way ;)

I bet with 400 players and 5 years on from current game time there will be still nonserved routes, and many of them. The problem is that "all" players want to position themselves to Heathrow or Atlanta and so on, and thus making life difficult for himself .. by himself.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.