Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: "Show competition, this route"  (Read 1312 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
"Show competition, this route"
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »
When reviewing routes on the "Manage Routes" screen, it would be nice to have a link (bubble help would say, "Show competition, this route") on each listed route that brings you straight to the "List destinations and airlines", "Route planning" page for that route pair (and brings it up as a pop-up).  That way, you can immediately see who is flying that route and what your competition is.  You would also be able to immediately identify if you're not filling your seats because of competition (I need to lower my prices!) or there is simply not enough demand (maybe I can raise prices!).  

As it is now, we have to click on our hub link, then click "List destinations and airlines", then find the corresponding city pair, then click on "Route planning" . . . 3 clicks.  This way it would be 1 click, and we'd never have to leave our "Manage Routes" screen!   ;D

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
Re: "Show competition, this route"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:46:17 AM »
Apparently, search does work :P
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »

I don't know if what requested by JJP has been implemented. I don't know how was the system at that time.

Anyway,  I would like to use this to ask another enhancement to the Route planning page: put, next to each destination city, the estimated demand and offered seats for the given route.
This will save a lot of time in searching for new routes to open or to enhance. Actually I need to click and close the pop up for each potential route. Especially on the move, using smartphones or tablets and slow connection like 3G, is a pain to find new suitable routes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:07:49 AM by Luperco »

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:56 PM »
Hi Sami,

I would like to renew this request and the point(s) made by Luperco.

Thank you!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:12:29 AM »
Manage Routes page already has a link to Route Planning next to each route / sector, so it covers this.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
It does indeed Sami. It also shows the timing and type of all other aircraft on that route. There is some modelling of a steady inflow of Pax into the terminal so it's a bad idea for your departures to follow another aircraft too closely (an hour minimum).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.