Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I have to agree this particular game has been unreasonably challenging...  (Read 4551 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
there really should be a fair amount more twin and tri JETS added to the inventory that do no require C/D checks right off the bat (C'mon, give it 6 months!). I have yet to see fuel prices go down by any amount that would be helpful for a short term gain to get my (and yours too) airline on track before raising fuel prices again. Even the prop offerings leave alot to be desired especially with much needed maintenance from the outset. Also, I for one, am not going to operate a 707 on 1000 nm stage. Tried it. It doesn't work even if the demand is there, the fuel prices prohibit any profit. Just my 2 cents. :-\

Offline Unbornio

• Members
It's your fault you joined a game that clearly stated "hard".

;D

Come join beginner's world with me. It's really fun. Once I get up to 10 aircraft, I'm gonna start bashing my competitor  :laugh:

Evil plans...always work   ::)
Beta Tester

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
There's nothing unreasonable in it. It is supposed to be a very hard scenario for the seasoned playes and thus it is marked "hard" with red letters too. I can see that some airlines are doing very well there while others are not, and that is normal.

The used aircraft market specs are 100% the same as in other worlds. The fuel prices are custom - they have gone up and also down, but can't reveal the future ...

And also the price HAS actually dropped. Highpoint was ~300$ and it's now $220 ...

Come join beginner's world with me. It's really fun. Once I get up to 10 aircraft, I'm gonna start bashing my competitor

Evil plans...always work  

And have to say that I don't really care for that attitude. As, once again, that particular world is supposed to be for beginner players... But can't of course stop you from joining it but I'd thought people would be smart enough. ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:58:25 PM by sami »

Offline Unbornio

• Members
There's nothing unreasonable in it. It is supposed to be a very hard scenario for the seasoned playes and thus it is marked "hard" with red letters too. I can see that some airlines are doing very well there while others are not, and that is normal.

The used aircraft market specs are 100% the same as in other worlds. The fuel prices are custom - they have gone up and also down, but can't reveal the future ...

And have to say that I don't really care for that attitude. As, once again, that particular world is supposed to be for beginner players... But can't of course stop you from joining it but I'd thought people would be smart enough. ;)

I haven't played AWS in 4 months... I thought things were different.  ;D  But hey, if you blame me, there's about 20 others.  :o

That was sarcasm by the way, the last message.

And ATB was full... The challenge = clearly too hard.
Beta Tester

kados

• Former member
Im earning around 5mil/week in profit. I dont see it as to hard, but if i had never player AWS before, i would already be bankrupt. Nth America is not for Newbs, I dont care who you are, if you have not played AWS before, dont join Nth America challenge, you will go bankrupt numerous times. Actually, if there is someone out there playing AWS for the first time in Nth America challenge, i would like to know who they are.

L1011fan

• Former member
I have played previous games marked "hard" and have done quite well, thank you very much. It just seems to have added pitfalls unlike any previous "hard" game. Anyway, not meaning to start a debate, this is just my experience so far. ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
To my memory there hasn't been any 'hard' games yet. The Jet Age was marked as medium/hard but definitely easier than this one.

Offline Sundaypilot

• Members
Yep, nice and hard.

But I'm not sure if the bankruptcy limit is at right level for this one. I'm already going to make my last allowed BK in just couple game weeks. And I'm not sure if I want to pay extra just to loose four more times...

I started playing couple months later than all others, and it has been really difficult to compete against big airlines - I would say virtually impossible, at least if you get attacked by bigger airline like I did...

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Find a small city like DSM or OMA and hub there and fly to big cities. There should be little if any competition. No reason to limit yourself to big cities for your hub

Offline Sundaypilot

• Members
Find a small city like DSM or OMA and hub there and fly to big cities. There should be little if any competition. No reason to limit yourself to big cities for your hub
I've done that, Long Beach isn't that big. There was only one competitor. But if he has started 6 months earlier and wants to attack - there is nothing a startup airline can do...

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
The name of this game seems to be start small, with a huge cash reserve, and burn through that reserve with a temporary PR campaign that is above your means.

Jason Reeves

• Former member
I have played previous games marked "hard" and have done quite well, thank you very much. It just seems to have added pitfalls unlike any previous "hard" game. Anyway, not meaning to start a debate, this is just my experience so far. ;)

Hey maybe your takin it all too seriously

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.