Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: At what route image will we see LF above 60%?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline tacsniper

• Members
At what route image will we see LF above 60%?
« on: August 07, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
I know this is a new system and it takes a while to get things going. I have 2 routes at image: 38, and company image of 11.45. Every day my airline is losing money. Although  I still have $900k to blow, but I don't know how long it will last. I haven't done anything since I joined the game other then to leased a used Airbus A300B4 and have it run 2 routes. I also lowered ticket prices by 5% on all classes. I am not getting above 56% on LF.

So for those of you that have been here since the game started, at what point will I start seeing LF above 60%? Will the $900k be enough for my airline to keep losing before I see some profit? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:34:15 AM by tacsniper »

Offline Nonkan

• Members
Re: At what route image will we see LF above 60%?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 06:53:02 AM »
I think there are more variables than just price. I had LF:s of about 80% the first week.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:24 AM »
Difficult to say I guess, since it also appears to depend on the planes (?). I fly small props and get a LF of over 70% with a company image of 25 at default prices.

Denis

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »
I fly with 734 and my average loadings are above 90%.

luke3

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:06 AM »
I think it depends also on company image, price, configuration and condition of the plane you're flying there. I usually get around 70-75% as soon as the route is opened and it gradually climbs as route image increases

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »
I have new planes image of 35.2 and am still not getting above 60%. By the way this is with aggressive advertising. I know there have been some tweeks n things in the game, but I feel if there is a huge demand on routes, then we should have good load factors to go with. Especially when there are ad campaigns. Am getting tired of struggling and the feeling of enjoyment is wanning!!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 08:25:40 PM »
The game was just too easy before.  And, it prevented new airlines from starting up if the game had started a week prior.  I, on the other hand, really enjoy the new sim as it has challenged me. 

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »
Give each new route 6 months time, then the route image should be high (route is known to public).. Only after that you can really judge the results and see if it's worthwile to fly that route.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
I guess you are enjoying good load factors isnt it? Well, I read somewhere that it takes about 6 months for L/F to improve. This is my fifth. So will see what happens after.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
suppose my image gets to 70. When i open new routes do we still have to wait 6 months? Surely company image has to play a significant role. Or am i mistaken?

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
Company image is only an indication of wether people will fly with your airline, the route image is an indication of how well known a particular route is on your network.

Dorito_25

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 05:52:08 AM »
Wait a minute! I'm hearing that LF should be 60% or so as you start...why are mine 95 - 98%????!!! I'm freaking out, because this always happens and I go up with profit fast...then...*plane falling down noise....then exploding*...I bankrupt. I did cut prices really really low. But they are slightly more expensive tot eh routes to some major Australian Airlines. What I tend to do is cut the prices, then slowly increase them by 1% every 2 - 3 weeks (Game time). Or I look at the routes, the ones that are very close to 100% full, I increase prices, but for you guys which haven't slashed prices, I'd just wait until your image gets higher....Hopefully my 5th chance is going to be better... :laugh:

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »
If you don't cut the prices, LF is suppose to be 50-70%...(if there is demand)
Beta Tester

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
i would take 25 percent off the default prices when starting a route to get the load factors up past the 85 mark, then as route image gets higher slowly increase the ticket price.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.