Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Small aircraft seating capacity  (Read 912 times)

Online ekaneti

• Members
Small aircraft seating capacity
« on: August 06, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
Ive noticed that smaller aircraft like the CRJ, ATR and Dash 8 all have smaller than usual standard capacities, as opposed to previous games. The Dash 8 is 32 seats versus 36 in previous games. Why is this?

Razor2

• Former member
Re: Small aircraft seating capacity
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
I haven't noticed that. My DHCs have the same 52Y config than in JA. The DHC8-200 was not included in JA (I have no idea why), but it can also be configured to 37 seats which was the standard for the DHC8-100.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »
You can configure the planes to have any number of seats you like ... within the limits of it's capacity. Most likely the standard config is just not high density seating for planes >50 seats or so. Nothing strange in that (?)

sonicsupervibe

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »
For those of you who are new.  One thing that you can look at is your fuel rate per hour!  Divide that number by seating capacity, and that will give you an index on how fuel efficient your plane is.  An ATR is between 8-12, at a capacity of 64 seats.  Compared to a 128 seat 737-300, which has a fuel rating around 18.  The more efficient your fleet is, the more profitable you will be!

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:35:47 PM »
thats an interesting point, thanks sonic!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.