Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 747- Turnaround times?  (Read 1061 times)

NicholasB

• Former member
747- Turnaround times?
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
Well, I guess this may be a trade secret, but are most people keeping their turnaround times at the 1% possibility of Delay limit? (200mins)

I am, and finding it very difficult to utilize the remaining 4-5 hours left in the day. In fact my 747s are idle for about that much time on a daly basis. Profits are great, but wondering how i can squeeze some more flying time out of them!

Hope people will offer thoughts.

Cheers,

NicholasB

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: 747- Turnaround times?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
I'm not using 747s, but I tend to use turnaround times that are less than 5% delay.  If Company Image is so important in this game, then I don't want delays or cancellations causing possible dents in my CI. 

Its better to fly a low-profit route rather than keep your aircraft idle, though, but I guess it'll be hard to find short route with decent demand from Narita with Haneda taking all the short-haul stuff.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »
using the ultra long turnarounds is waste of time in my mind.. 10% and you're fine me sayz...... :P

bigdogshark62

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:43:32 AM »
Still wondering, though...  If Delta/Northwest, United, US Airways, Continental, etc., can turn a 757 around in 45 minutes on a regular basis, why can't this simulation do it in less than 70?  (And if you want ~1%, it's 115 min!)   ::)

;)

thetallone24

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »
Yeah I wondered that too, the turnaround doesn't seem all that realistic IMO

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.