Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Visual Scheduling System  (Read 595 times)

Lonesome_Phoenix

• Former member
[-] Visual Scheduling System
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »
How about improving the scheduling system into a drag/drop style? each flight on the schedule can be either dragged along the aircraft's schedule to change the timing, Or dragged and dropped on another aircraft!

I also saw some nice suggestion while searching if this was asked before, like this one:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,9144.0.html

of course what I'm asking for is a completely visual way of moving the flights around with your mouse, drag/drop style.

but if this was implemented, the range of the aircraft can be an issue, like if you drag a flight on an aircraft that can not make the flight!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:10:18 AM by sami »

DenisG

• Former member
Re: Visual Scheduling System
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
I would love it in order to facilitate route planning; currently I have to do that via excel in order to find the optimal allocation. Would be much easier within the game.

Denis

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
drag & drop would be nice but at the moment it is not feasible to make (it is possible .. but ..)

* not compatible with all browsers, especially with mobile units - would mean that old system needs to be retained as a backup (and it would also need changes to the old system in that case).

* when you drag a flight into the schedule the user interface is impossible or very hard to make clear. As the system would need to check the slots and other such things and IF something is wrong, present it in a clear and understandable format to the user... And the other things like range and rwy requirements too liek you said.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
Drag/drop does not work for mobile users really, so this is not implemented

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.