Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Never A343?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline MM21

• Members
Never A343?
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »
In this time, I believe many one of us is haveing joy inside AWS 1.1 game world. I remembered the admin introduced a new feature that if one a of model of plane doesn't acquire enough order will close down the production line. But I note that once we got entered the game in the first day, the production news said the A340-300 production line will be closed soon. Today, the production line finally closed. It is mean that no one can order the aircraft forever? Is that mean that If anyone want to have an airbus a340-300 will have no chance right now because of no order can be placed in time?

If so, I think we have to face a situation that we can have lesser and lesser aircraft selection. I hope there will have some improvements....

Cheers,
Yuuji

stevency

• Former member
Re: Never A343?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
How can we get A343 at the begining when our growth could never catch up the manufacture closing down schedule anyway? ::)

Now we can never get an A343 in this way.......

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:23 PM »
If I recall correctly, this was discussed a few days before and was based on the historic correctness of the production line closing. That early in the game, nobody was able to order that jet anyway. There will be other 340-versions to follow, I believe...

Denis

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
it will replace by A340-300X if I'm right
don't worry.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »
4 engine airplanes were on their way out during this period.

Look up ETOPS.  So many twin engine planes are crossing the atlantic without having to be close to a shoreline.

Sorry to say but the 343 was already

Heck, even the next Air Force One is supposed to be a 777 or 787.   

Also the 345 will be out soon enough.  You should have enough money when they come out to order some. 

stevency

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
Does it mean that we are not even allowed to do something stupid like picking the A343 by his own business choices then?

What it means to me is we are not even allowed to do stupid decisions...... (/me go ponder on this question.)

Offline MM21

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Does it mean that we are not even allowed to do something stupid like picking the A343 by his own business choices then?

What it means to me is we are not even allowed to do stupid decisions...... (/me go ponder on this question.)
not really stupid decisions......
But as you know there is a lot of market with about 300 seats and required such long range. How come the system took away this suitable aircraft and let us suit it into the right potential market ?

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 06:22:24 PM »
It is not the problem of how many engine, it is the problem of chances to choice a plane

The problem faced by A343 users in the real life may not happen again in ATB2, especially the fuel price is not following the real situation

even the fuel price will grow fast later, the fall of a plane should be decided by us, not the system. Remember nobody can take a new A343 now, it is unfair to kill those planes just because no one have enough money to buy it. We can set a day and keep those plane's production until that time, after that everything will be decided by orders.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »
There will be a new model of A340 coming in the next year or so. The 343 production has not ceased for ever, it is just that variant.

The closure of that -300 model line was already decided before the game start date as it was close to it. There are no model production closures in the first 6-8 months except for those which were already due to close right at the game start date + 1/2 months.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.