Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What's the trouble with company image?  (Read 2111 times)

Kammola

• Former member
What's the trouble with company image?
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
I have never had trouble in CI in the beginning. Now I have one aircraft, route advertising and general campaign. Still the CI goes negative. What am I doing wrong? Or has the CI formula changed some way? I can't afford having more campaigns.

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: What's the trouble with company image?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »
Now I have one aircraft

Do you not have 3 aircraft?  Maybe thats the problem  :P The staff on the help desk/call centre think they've got one! :)

I think the age of aircraft seems to affect it more substatially now too.  Age of aircraft has always contributed a bit, but maybe its more important now
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:51:53 PM by d2031k »

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
Are your flights on time?

Kammola

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »
Do you not have 3 aircraft?  Maybe thats the problem  :P The staff on the help desk/call centre think they've got one!
The new ones just arrived. I pre-sceduled those early and to same route as first one. Might that have some effect?

Kammola

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »
Are your flights on time?
Punctuality 70%, like my aircraft 1 condition. Maybe that is the key. So instead of marketing I should repair plane?

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Wait, you mean your aircraft condition is 1 or your aircraft condition is 70?  ???

And have you had any cancelled flights?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 02:04:17 PM »
Key questions - flight cancellations and marketing campaigns?

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:23:48 PM »
For later in the game, as marketing is more dominant:

Will it be harder to maintain a high CI?
Will alliance membership be more effective, as marketing is more dominant?
Is marketing more sensitive too?  i.e. airlines won't be able to take delays and cancellations as easily without a dent in the CI

comet3506

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
I too am having a problem with company image I have a news paper local marketing campaign and my flights are generally on time 86% 7min average and 2% cancelled. The only thing I can come up with is one plane out of 3 is around low 60s for condition. Is that whats causing it?

Offline Marco

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »
I too am having a problem with company image I have a news paper local marketing campaign and my flights are generally on time 86% 7min average and 2% cancelled. The only thing I can come up with is one plane out of 3 is around low 60s for condition. Is that whats causing it?

Local Newspaper marketing isn't enough! At the start I had Radio, Newspapers and Billboard marketing on my whole continent! And now I've added Television marketing on my whole continent (Asia) and My loadfactors are over 90%. And an aircraft in a 60% condition is very bad, Sami once said that at the beginning we should seek for aircrafts in a 75-85% condition, 60 is too low. If you're operating another aircraft, put that one on a C Check, that will raise it's condition to 100%. Its cheaper and quicker than repairing the aircraft. ;)

Kammola, if your aircraft's condition is 70%, I think it's okay, it will gradually go up. Also, 70% flights on-time isn't enough. It could be because of your aircraft or because short turn-around times. I always make my turn-around times as long until it says "1% delay possibilities" (60 minute for 737-200, 70 minute for A320 family, 733/4/5/6/7/8/9's, 130 for 767's, etc.) and 95% of my flights are on-time. Also, what are your marketing campaigns?

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
Local Newspaper marketing isn't enough! At the start I had Radio, Newspapers and Billboard marketing on my whole continent! And now I've added Television marketing on my whole continent (Asia)

Are you sure that you started with the same money than me?  ;D  After 5 months of operations and with more than 600 weekly flights, a radio campaing in my whole country will take me to red numbers. I suppose Im playing with a regional airline with many flights and low ticket cost and this is de difference. I fly with 10-20 years planes at 75-90% condition and my company image is growing slowly but growing.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
Perhaps it's your punctuality. 70 is a bit low. I have dropped below 89%. Currently I have 95,7 and I aim to keep it that way.

Kammola

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
Perhaps it's your punctuality. 70 is a bit low. I have dropped below 89%. Currently I have 95,7 and I aim to keep it that way.
Now after bankrupting I think that it was just all odds against me same time. While the ac condition was just 70 percent, it caused tech problem leading to bad punctuality. I still wonder why the ci could not be raised after it started falling.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.