Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How many of you are losing $?  (Read 7273 times)

sonicsupervibe

• Former member
Re: How many of you are losing $?
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »
I started with a very limited regional network to get my cash flowing from the very beginning.  After bankrupting myself numerous times during the three April thru August games, I made the strategic decision to use new, efficient planes for the New World and North American challenge game.  So far both my airlines are doing well, despite a dozen or so competitors jumping in and out of the Atlanta market.

I am afraid as this game progresses, it is going to get tougher!  There is a potential for hundreds of bankruptcies in this game. Best of luck to all!

Ron
SSV Cobalt Express

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 05:37:07 AM »
I am afraid as this game progresses, it is going to get tougher!  There is a potential for hundreds of bankruptcies in this game. Best of luck to all!
Honestly, the pax demand (world) can't support that many players.

I would guess the current demand can only support around 50 big airlines. Airlines with 40+ aircraft. Of those 50... 15 will be mega airlines. reaching the 50-75 fleet range. Lastly, around 5-8 super mega airlines with over 100 aircraft.

Since we have over 150 players, once airlines start going belly up (6-12mths), the bigger airlines will just get stronger and stronger. Thus, creating our super mega's.

You can start to tell who they will be. Airlines with little to no competition at there hubs will benefit the most...

Talentz

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »
Honestly, the pax demand (world) can't support that many players.

I would guess the current demand can only support around 50 big airlines. Airlines with 40+ aircraft. Of those 50... 15 will be mega airlines. reaching the 50-75 fleet range. Lastly, around 5-8 super mega airlines with over 100 aircraft.

Since we have over 150 players, once airlines start going belly up (6-12mths), the bigger airlines will just get stronger and stronger. Thus, creating our super mega's.

You can start to tell who they will be. Airlines with little to no competition at there hubs will benefit the most...

Talentz

That is why it is called "Hard" and why I enjoy it so much  8)

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
On my third reboot.  Can not get my beloved small (>20) aircraft to make money.  Trying some long hauls to subsidize.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »
I have experienced this as well. The game did not start out with quite enough funds, did not offer enough twin and tri JETs for lease with out requiring C checks right off the bat. The prop offerings we're very poor also requiring heavy maintenance right away in many cases. I'm sorry, but I am just not interested in flying RDD-CIC throughout the game, if you catch my drift, and the game seems set up to where you can't at least get some foothold in the beginning. The game, if one were paranoid, seems set up to fail most players. I know patience is a real virtue here, but c'mon, throw us a bone on this game. Has anyone ever seen the fuel prices come down? Not I.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 07:03:21 PM »
It is a hard difficulty level world.

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 10:27:25 PM »
It IS a difficult level of play.  I'm on my fourth reboot and loving it.  Trying a new strategy.  Since I can't get any good used metal right now, I am leasing some new metal, and using some ad campaigns to try and boost my company image before I actually put something in the air.  I'll let you all know how that goes.

Sami, btw, I love the changes I have seen in the interface and game play.  The ability to combine multiple aircraft off the same line into the same order is great.  The new visual interface for aircraft slots is also an improvement.  Thanks for the continuous improvements.

tgardner917

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »
Sami,
I also love this game world!  However, for a future HARD Game World Idea... maybe the next North America Challenge can be HARD again but start in 1990.  I like the 90's and 2000 aircraft better!  :) 

Just a thought for future ideas. 

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
I have experienced this as well. The game did not start out with quite enough funds, did not offer enough twin and tri JETs for lease with out requiring C checks right off the bat. The prop offerings we're very poor also requiring heavy maintenance right away in many cases. I'm sorry, but I am just not interested in flying RDD-CIC throughout the game, if you catch my drift, and the game seems set up to where you can't at least get some foothold in the beginning. The game, if one were paranoid, seems set up to fail most players. I know patience is a real virtue here, but c'mon, throw us a bone on this game. Has anyone ever seen the fuel prices come down? Not I.

There is a lot of succesful airlines in the game = the game is playable and it IS hard so you have to deal with it.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »
I like hard game,but I don't like one continent game...
The toughest game I played in AWS are 70s scenario,fuel price are rocket high,every plane are gas hogging...
which is the only game I go bankrupt beacuse of losing money..
A easy game like ATB2 now,you just have to sit and wait the money flow in  ;D

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
I would say its hard for some. Its become a bit tricky for me right now. As I over-loaned myself  ::) Oh well, as soon as I get done paying those stupid loans back, I can get back to playing  :laugh: :P
Founder of the Star Alliance!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.