Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Where are the used planes?  (Read 5621 times)

Razor2

• Former member
Re: Where are the used planes?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
The situation is better now. There are only a couple of airlines left which have enough money for decent aircraft.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:52 AM »
It ebbs and flows.  The game is much better than the last one, as there's the limit of purchasing 3 used-aircraft a day, so no-one can dominate straight away.  In the last one there was no alternative but to make do with less than appealing aircraft sometimes, just to get capacity.

toyotaboy95

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
The situation is better now. There are only a couple of airlines left which have enough money for decent aircraft.
ehm...*cough* *cough*

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
Stay calm guys, let's wait until the leases kick in and the first C-Check comes up...  ;D

Denis

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »
I understand what you say about the launching phase of the game, but I miss some models in the second hand market. For example, there are only in this moment 10 BAe 146-100, 5 146-200 and 3 146-300. In real world, 146 BAe 146 were sold before 1993 when the name changed to AVRO RJ.

I think the second hand market needs to be balanced becouse in this moment it has overpopulation of some models and a terrible lack of some others.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »
I understand what you say about the launching phase of the game, but I miss some models in the second hand market. For example, there are only in this moment 10 BAe 146-100, 5 146-200 and 3 146-300. In real world, 146 BAe 146 were sold before 1993 when the name changed to AVRO RJ.

I think the second hand market needs to be balanced becouse in this moment it has overpopulation of some models and a terrible lack of some others.

I agree in some respects I spend 7 hours a day combined before and after work and have done so since the game started and luckily got 1 767-200 the other 3 are tristars which are too old and useless basically on their last legs and theres nothing other than russian junk or tiny pipers etc around - I know aircraft are supposed to be at random times but heck this is frustrating  :'( 

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
Wow Someone must have been watching me type this, as soon as I checked the used a/c market again I managed to bag to 767's!  ;D

luke3

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »
I'm still desperately looking for some A320s but there seem to be almost no Airbusses put on the market. The only ones are A300 and A310 models. The number of A320 on the market should increase according to the game since there is high demand for them, but i don't even have time to see them appear on the list. The only thing is ordering them new, but it's taking ages for them to arrive and there is already a backlog of more than 90 orders for the type!!!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 06:25:31 PM »

Once more - that kind of balancing has been already done. The planes created there are in the exact same balance as they were produced in reality. But as already mentioned in this thread it is completely natural that the good planes are gone from the list (bought) very fast and leaving the more unpopular models there. Which makes you think that there are no good models at all. And there won't be any more planes added to the market any faster as the purpose is not to have 100% condition new planes available there all the time, if I may exaggerate a bit. These and other numerous changes to the market system were made after feedback from users based on last two versions and there won't be any changes to the system in the near future.

Also if the game year is 1995, you cannot have any Avros at the market. It's used market - not new plane market.

And a game tip for everyone... think out "of the box".  You KNOW that all players (almost) wish to have A320 shorthaul fleet. You thus KNOW that they are hard to get .. used or new. Try something else instead. Like MD-80 series or 737. Or other manufacturers too. At least I've always used BAC 1-11 in earlier games as the backbone of shorthaul fleet as they were always easy to find and very nice planes - didn't have to wait for 5 years for some friggin' 737-200Adv, I was flying my British jetty by then for many years.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:27:55 PM by sami »

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 06:27:44 PM »
Agree with Sami after seeing the issues in the previous games, this is much improved. Also, realize that the Boeing aircraft have been in production much longer than the Airbus aircraft so it makes sense to see more of them on the used market.

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »
Once more - that kind of balancing has been already done. The planes created there are in the exact same balance as they were produced in reality. But as already mentioned in this thread it is completely natural that the good planes are gone from the list (bought) very fast and leaving the more unpopular models there. Which makes you think that there are no good models at all. And there won't be any more planes added to the market any faster as the purpose is not to have 100% condition new planes available there all the time, if I may exaggerate a bit. These and other numerous changes to the market system were made after feedback from users based on last two versions and there won't be any changes to the system in the near future.

Also if the game year is 1995, you cannot have any Avros at the market. It's used market - not new plane market.

I have never wrote about having AVROs in the second hand market. I only asked why in this moment (1995) only 18 BAe 146 are in the game. Im not telling that I cant get planes, Im telling that if you have a look to Aircraft/Stats I miss a lot of planes in the game.  :)

Im playing as a regional company, so Im not looking for Airbus or other hihgly demanded planes. Im looking for 70 - 100 seats planes like BAe or BAC 1-11 and this kind of planes are not the most popular ones in the market. Examples: 18 BAe 146 (I have 3 of them) and 42 BAC 1-11 (I have 10 of them). If you compare this number with 205 Boeing 727-200 and 163 units of 737-200 (both models second hand ones) Im sorry but I cant agree with this balance.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:14:27 PM by euskoair »

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
I have been looking for B767's for two days now and nothing! :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 08:41:45 PM »
Im playing as a regional company, so Im not looking for Airbus or other hihgly demanded planes. Im looking for 70 - 100 seats planes like BAe or BAC 1-11 and this kind of planes are not the most popular ones in the market. Examples: 18 BAe 146 (I have 3 of them) and 42 BAC 1-11 (I have 10 of them). If you compare this number with 205 Boeing 727-200 and 163 units of 737-200 (both models second hand ones) Im sorry but I cant agree with this balance.

They are of course not all dumped to the market at the same time, that would be silly. All 8000 planes or so I mean.

MAG

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Yeah I totally agree witn what the guys saying. Where are all the used planes?
I am in Air Travel Boom 2, Turkair, and I've had to order new aircraft because there's not the same aircraft available and I didn't want to get a differerent make due to fleet commonality. I know that Boeing are popular but I think ther should be at least 1 aircraft availablefor each model at any 1 time.

These are my views.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
I know that Boeing are popular but I think ther should be at least 1 aircraft availablefor each model at any 1 time.

Why do you think so? Would used aircraft just appear out of thin air?

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
Is it me or has there been no aircraft added at all during the last few hours?

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
Is it me or has there been no aircraft added at all during the last few hours?
From what I saw, only 2 Airbus's and 3 MD's within the past few game days.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »
As i typed that a single boeing 767 joined the list, pitty it wasn't PW powered otherwise it would have been mine

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »
(FYI, the list is refreshed at least every 3 game days or more often in some cases..)

And to some posters in this thread - you are still hugely misunderstanding the whole concept of the used market. Please read previous posts, and also this and this message. No further comments from me...

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »
Is the market updated as soon the day starts or at a random time during the day like 13:04?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.