Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Where are the used planes?  (Read 5620 times)

Offline Beni

• Members
Where are the used planes?
« on: August 02, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
I think there are less used planes than in previous games. For example, if you are looking for 50-100 seats you can only get some old russian stuff an other pearls over 20 years. I have read about some changes in this area, but I didnt imagine this way.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
Re: Where are the used planes?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:26:46 AM »
Indeed the star of the game due to it success sold out all aircrafts profitable in a start-up phase.

luke3

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
I signed up minutes after the game started, and by the time i was done comparing the data on which plane was the most economical, most of the profitable short/medium haul planes were gone in an instant! I managed to grab one of the last A320s before they were out.
We need some used planes if we want to expand keeping a good fleet commonality.
If the used plane market doesn't stock up soon, i'm seriousely thinking of leasing them new as soon as i have enough cash

Offline rakeish

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »
it is the most frustrating part of the game. There should be a broker or auction process, because refreshing looking for new aircraft is not how I prefer to spend my time in a simulation game. uggh, so far it is def much worst than the previous game.

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
In past games, every week new used planes were added. What about this game?

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »
I think it's the same deal ... every now and then during the week new planes would appear in used AC listings... all you need is good timing ...

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
The used aircraft list is updated daily, but its very very hard to get a decent one in the first few days after start-up.  The most efficient aircraft get snapped up straight away.  This new game is full already too, so its harder than ever to get one!  It gets better as the game goes on, but its how you deal with the shortage of efficient planes that seperates the successful airlines from those less so.  It does help if you're sat at a computer all day too  ;)

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 11:38:12 AM »
I had luck and I got one A320-200 and then one ATR 42-300 and when the clock started I got another ATR :D

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »
I have also just been lucky so far with grabbing my planes. But there are already a number of people deep in the red, so let's see if those planes will be available soon...

Denis

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 11:54:49 AM »
there are already a number of people deep in the red, so let's see if those planes will be available soon...

These are just people with loans.  Its the best way to get a good start.  Rapid expansion of aircraft numbers is a must if you want to do well later on

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
I do not think so: Look at pre-tax income and you will find many without any orders out or longer in line. On the production list, you can see the airlines' names. There are a number of people operating in the red right now.

Denis

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
If you read what SAMI has posted you'll find this game is going to be more difficult in the start up phase its to avoid dominance by certain players as has happened in previous games.  The start up phases in ATB2 will allow a more even 'playing field' for all players at the start and stops rapid expansion by certain individuals at the start of the game.  This should hopefully allow newer players to get a bit more enjoyment than having to worry if they are going to go bankrupt because a.n other airline wants their routes!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
During the first 24h game day the used market is refreshed every 3-4 hours or so. Meaning that you do not have to join at the first minute.

But the fact is that during the start up phase planes are grabbed quickly from the market, and it should be like that too - to some extent. As you can't except to have just the right A320 with right engines available 24/7 when you happen to need it. The market is refreshed several times a week but not every day though. That's not intentional feature to add difficulty but just a chance in general level to all games based on experiences from past games.

The number of available used planes has been increased and the ratio between models is also introduced to this version. Meaning more A320 & B737 and less IL-62 and similar .. Was posted to "AWS 1.1 updates" thread some weeks ago. Other updates too, check that one.

And there's also the 3 minute grace period, so if you can get to the buy/lease menu the plane is reserved for you...

btw. there is 401 used planes on the market at the moment (!) ... should be enough to choose from ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:10:29 PM by sami »

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
Are the dates randomized when the used market is refreshed? IE: It happens every 3 days or could it be Monday, then Tuesday and then Saturday?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
yes, can't remember the details .. and wouldn't say if I would ;)

But it's not static like Mo-We-Th-Sa in the long run, it may seem so perhaps if you keep looking at it for a few weeks but that's just pure luck then..

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »
wouldn't say if I would ;)

Oh well.. It was worth a shot!  ;)

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
Is it normal that there is nothing decent in the "new additions", only russians, or extremely old western jets. I feel as if I made a airline in country with a trade embargo :D

Php

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 05:45:37 PM »
I managed to get the very last A320 on the market, i found out that i couldnt get any profits at the airport- maybe in a few years but not yet. So i declared bankruptcy and made a new airline, and now im curious what happened to the Airbus? why isnt it back in the market? just curious

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
When you go BK, you will find the airplanes will reappear on the market slowly and not immediately.

There was too much collusion in the number of people who would start a couple airlines (on different accounts or friend's accounts).  They would go BK and the #1 airlines would snatch them all up.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
Is it normal that there is nothing decent in the "new additions", only russians, or extremely old western jets. I feel as if I made a airline in country with a trade embargo :D

The better aircraft go extremey quickly, so if you don't see the list as soon as its updated, the only ones left are russian/old western.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.