Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slow going . . .  (Read 3159 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
Slow going . . .
« on: August 01, 2009, 10:35:29 PM »
The game seems like it did in the very first version before Sami updated load factor calculations. 

In the very first game I played here, load factors started out very low and climbed very slowly (no matter how low the price was set).  In the last game I played, if all players on a route came nowhere near meeting demand, load factors were good for everyone.  Now, it seems just the opposite.  I'm kind of getting the same experience as in the very first version.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Slow going . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:07:22 PM »
Yes, as sami's numerous posts have explained, this is the way it's gonna work.  Route image plays a bigger factor, and if your RI is low (as all ours are now) then you're not gonna get many pax at first.  It'll grow in due time.

kados

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:35:23 AM »
i have adjusted my prices and now doubled my income. Play around with your prices

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
god, I lowered 20% and am still not pulling in the people yet...

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:28 AM »
Yes, as sami's numerous posts have explained, this is the way it's gonna work. 
I haven't been around for quite a while . . . been waiting for 1.1 update and new game.  ;)

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:45 AM »
god, I lowered 20% and am still not pulling in the people yet...

Yeah, me too.  :P

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:45 AM »
Well, DUH! I didn't see this new post by Sami.  That explains it!  :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 04:20:15 AM »
Lowering the price in early stage of a new route should help more also now than before .. In theory at least, let me know.

Anyway it's now supposed to work more or less like I intended but I am still planning for a complete update to the demand distribution model as there are some issues with it and I'm not happy with it still either... For next version then I think.

add:  Just lowered my prices for 20% and lf raised from 58% to 71%. Company image only 6 and route images 4-9. But anyway, once route image reaches 100-levels the LF should be around 70% levels with 0-10 company image and with higher company image you can put the prices up and still get high load factors. Though don't raise the prices yet too much over the suggested values, there's a small bug for me to fix still on that (ie. if you overprice the pax demand will drop sharply), looking into that this evening.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:36:03 AM by sami »

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
Thanks for the update and explanation, Sami. :)

wahughesjr

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
I started my routes at the suggested prices before reading about these changes. Load factor was in the 30%-40% range. I dropped the prices by 50% across the board. Now the load factors are in the 70%-80% range, and steadily climbing. (But many flights still losing money.)

Once the load factor is within acceptable range (80%+), how much of a price increase can we safely execute without scaring off all the passengers?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »
50% price drop is quite much to start with .. I'd go with 30% initially and raise it step by step to the values suggested by your staff as the "defaults".

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:36 PM »
I started my routes at the suggested prices before reading about these changes. Load factor was in the 30%-40% range. I dropped the prices by 50% across the board. Now the load factors are in the 70%-80% range, and steadily climbing. (But many flights still losing money.)

Once the load factor is within acceptable range (80%+), how much of a price increase can we safely execute without scaring off all the passengers?

You shouldn't need to go as low as 50%. That's far too low, I think. Max for me would be 25% on routes with competition. If fact, I think against Sami's routes and 1-2 other strong players, I have 5-6% off default. All other routes are 1-2 $ off default. If you are alone on the route, you dont need to drop your prices so steeply.

Remember, you have a low RI and CI. No one will get 100%.. not even 90% at this point. The best you can get would be 80% and that's with very cheap tickets that. Which is what you are doing. But, as you stated... your still losing money flying, right? Because 80% LF @ 50 % off default doesn't bring in more income then 50% LF @ 10% off default prices.

RI dictates how many Pax you can theoretically get from a given route. It also has a small effect against competition on the route.

CI dictates how many Pax you can theoretically get from a given route and what price they will pay. It also has a large effect against competition. Compared to RI.

As the game starts out, RI has the largest effect on the player. Because all routes are new.. (duh!). However, as RI rises, it gives away to CI. Since RI can't go above 100 and it only takes 6-12 mths for RI to reach 100, CI becomes the dominate factor later in the game.

Hopefully this helps.

Talentz

Edit: Grr Sami.. thats twice you beat me to the punch -.-

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:21:53 PM by Talentz »

wahughesjr

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
Thanks for the insights. Now that I've already made the big cuts, I'll start raising the fares bit by bit and see what happens. If I don't like it, I'll just start over. :-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.