Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Permanent Alliance(s) v1  (Read 8649 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Permanent Alliance(s) v1
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 10:01:12 AM »
It would be a good start to make alliance founding free, otherwise there is no point in removing the 6 month age barrier.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 11:00:08 AM »
Adjusted it from $750k -> $50k. (* inflation index)

(easier than removing it ... :P )

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »
I think it's a major downside variable alliance score just matters exactly one time per gameworld - in the last quarter.

I don't think it should count 100% each quarter or so to cumulative score, but maybe 2% or 3% each quarter would be nice, alternatively gather the data from the four quarters and level them out and add 5% average or so for the whole year.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »
sami--what would be the purpose of permanent alliances?  This is a serious question, because I'm not sure what it would accomplish or what you're hoping to accomplish by implementing this.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
Well, mainly to relieve alliances from the hassle of founding the alliances again for each game world and to help with their community management in offering a permanent non-game-based forum right here at AWS, thus eliminating the need for any coordination forums to plan new games etc.  = We have a very good technical site vs. forum integration here (& easy to use), and the main idea would be use that more.

(That all would be easily done manually (creating a few forums), but would prefer it to be automated.)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
Wouldn't it just be easier to setup private forums with moderators and let them allow/deny access to a general forum as they see fit, alliance based or otherwise?  I think a "permanent" alliance runs into a lot of issues where alliances are auto-created in game worlds with zero members or the alliance admins aren't correct etc.  While "permanent" alliances are defacto, I think most players should be encouraged to not always be apart of the same alliance every gameworld because you end up creating an "us versus them" environment where people end up holding grudges, calling people cheaters, etc.  Certain players have been labelled without permanent alliances in effect and end up guilty by association.

What if a player is part of a permanent alliance and wants to join a different alliance for one game world?  That means the player is potentially seeing information from "the competition".  There are a whole lot of issues with a permanent alliance IMO, but having non-gameworld specific groups would be useful so that if players do want to organize into a "permanent alliance' they can, or if there is a group of players who like to watch American Idol they can form an American Idol group, etc.  The idea being that they aren't permanently committed and/or associated with an alliance, but a sub-community of other players, whatever that ends up meaning.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
@ LemonButt

I wrote a long post in this thread or a similar one to avoid most of the things.

People who are frequently in (the same) alliance all love that perma-alliance-feature.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »
Permanent alliances are definitely a step in the right direction and is something established alliances want in terms for easier management.

Sami..,

Adjusted it from $750k -> $50k. (* inflation index)

is that JA based and hence the fee in GW3 was $590k/airline?

If not, I'd like a rebate :-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.