Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New To Game  (Read 4082 times)

Hankmann

• Former member
New To Game
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:47:07 AM »
Hi all, I am a newbie to the game. Looked for a demo found none, read enough to jump right in.

Looks as tho I should have waited for a new game though.

Any advice for a struggling new airline?

Kontio

• Former member
Re: New To Game
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »
There are lots of advice on the General forum, look at the top of the list for a couple of excellent guides. I'm sure you will be able to get specific advice from other players, I don't have access to the game at the moment so I can't see your fleet or routes.

DenisG

• Former member
Re: New To Game
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »
Hi, I just had a look at your airline. Well, you're flying out of a pretty crowded hub (Las Vegas) with another three airlines based there. You're the smallest and are attempting to take on the big boys on the main routes, where capacity strongly outweighs demand. So your load factors won't be good, as well as your ticket prices. You fly rather old airplanes and have them on lease. You paid the leases of the first 4 months upfront, making your income statement in the first four months a little artificial. Once the monthly leases on those planes kick in, your cash will burn even quicker. Your fleet commonality comprises two different a/c with only three in total. That keeps your costs up as well. Getting late into the game, as I did too, means you need to get free niche routes in order to build a financial cash basis for your airline. Generally, my experience is to fly small planes is safer at the beginning for they do not consume that much cash on various positions, but there may be other opinions about this.

You will probably not be able to safe the current airline from bankruptcy. When you start anew, consider finding a home airport where there are no other airlines based. Lease small aircrafts in order to keep your cash up (monthly lease rates) and wait to see how your cash develops after the first four months. Your load factors should be above 70% in order to break even. If you fly small props e.g. plan your routes in a way that they can fly eight legs per day. This way, your planes will generate cash. Try to stick with a particular aircraft at the beginning for fleet commonality. Take a look at the used a/c market and get an idea which airplanes may be available in short periods. Once you expand, the main problem is not cash, but getting new a/c in a short time (order book). Plan your routes wisely for slot availability. This late in the game, slots are the most important concern that may keep your airline from growing.

Best regards,

Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.