Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Maintenance and "spare" aircraft.  (Read 4356 times)

AgentYoda

• Former member
Re: [lst] Maintenance and "spare" aircraft.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »
We all know that asking Sami the same question over and over doesn't annoy him at all :P

Not in the slightest.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
 ;D

Well, coding the airport slot system at the moment, so no chance for this yet. :laugh:

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »
;D

Well, coding the airport slot system at the moment, so no chance for this yet. :laugh:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Founder of the Star Alliance!

EMAirlines

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 08:33:26 PM »

What about you charter out another airlines plane? Or just rent a plane for the day, can you already do this?

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 01:43:55 AM »
You can lease planes.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Online EYguy

• Members
Re: Maintenance and "spare" aircraft.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 01:35:14 AM »
For sake of semplicity, I would just allow swapping sched during maint acts for a/c of the same type/fleet. Then it is up to a player being able to afford the expense of an a/c sitting idling at the apo while other fly but this is what happens in real life in the end.

I did something similar in a Modern Days scenario and it worked out pretty well (provided that I checked out the routes and maint scheds daily three times per day). I had a fleet of A330-340 and used an A332 or 342 to cover the routes flown by all the types. Same story for A32X (you could go for an A319 just not to take any risk with the range issue).

Sami would it be difficult to model such a feature? I think it can comes in quite handy, especially for those player that do not sell their soul to the AWS God! ;)

Cheers

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 02:24:10 AM »
For sake of semplicity, I would just allow swapping sched during maint acts for a/c of the same type/fleet. Then it is up to a player being able to afford the expense of an a/c sitting idling at the apo while other fly but this is what happens in real life in the end.

I did something similar in a Modern Days scenario and it worked out pretty well (provided that I checked out the routes and maint scheds daily three times per day). I had a fleet of A330-340 and used an A332 or 342 to cover the routes flown by all the types. Same story for A32X (you could go for an A319 just not to take any risk with the range issue).

Sami would it be difficult to model such a feature? I think it can comes in quite handy, especially for those player that do not sell their soul to the AWS God! ;)

Cheers

I don't think it's worth it.

The RI loss is gained back quickly, and slots don't expire, so you're better off scheduling the spare plane to actual routes.

Even IRL, airlines just don't operate a flight when maintenance is happening - take for example Iceland Express, which randomly terminated flights to Boston for 2 weeks in the middle of peak season (presumably for maintenance).
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Online EYguy

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
When I talk about Airlines with the capital A, I talk about Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates and so on... ;)

Btw, C and D checks should be both made available for scheduling. The problem of RI loss is minimal as you said, but if it happens during peak season you can loose a lot of traffic (read, frigging amount of money).

Edo

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

Offline Jazza

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48:35 AM »
Great Idea,

My airline is being crippled by maintaince (C-Checks, close to 20 737-200s at a time, during some times of the year). Now I'm deep in the Red. And about to declare Bankruptcy as I dont see anyway out. Spare Aircraft to Take over my A/C on C-Checks would be great. I'm pretty sure I'd still be going strong.

Cheers
Jazza
JAZZAir2There

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.