Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Dummy Schedule  (Read 4270 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
Re: Dummy Schedule
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »

I've been thinking about this recently. I want to totally revamp my 727 schedules.  Well, with 20 planes, I certainly don't want to be shuffling schedules while the game is running!  I want to be able to figure out exactly how I want to schedule my planes, and then just click "Activate this schedule" --voi la: my old schedule is gone and my new schedule is in operation --no lost revenue, no crazy conflicts, it's just all up and running. 

The great thing about dummy schduling would be I could save it and come back to it without worrying about being in the middle of scheduling a plane and having to leave (for real life!) and losing revenue.

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »
I really hope this gets a place in this game any time soon.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »
I like this idea. It gets very complicated and very expensive re-scheduling aircraft as things are as you inevitably loose flights and revenue during the process.

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »
Wow, this is an excellent idea.  To have a 'sandbox' that you could play around in at no cost to figure out workable schedules... i wish i had this earlier today.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
After wondering if anyone else had thought of this, I found this thread.

Is there any news of whether this maybe included at all?  It would assist me greatly if this was implemented, as I currently have around 10 pieces of paper on my desk attempting to figure out the best schedules for aircraft in various worlds.  The chance of being able to work something out without worrying about slot costs or hiring extra staff would be extrememly useful.  It would keep my desk tidy too :)

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:32:35 PM »
Definitely, helpful... Also would help with which aircraft you may choose to buy.

An addition to it could be an approximate profit calculator for a certain set LF. I am almost positive that REAL airline managers have some sort of statistical analysis of how much money every suitable aircraft generates on a certain type of route before they make the decision to buy the aircraft.

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »

I agree, I feel quite stupid when setting up a scedule and then have to pay for a slot just to realize it didnt fit in. There is no way anyone would let you charge for something they are thinking of buying. It's like hitting someone for thinking about spitting at you, makes no sense :p

This could also be helpful when transferring scedule to diffrent type of a/c
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:37:20 AM by Kontorista »

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »
I'd like to give this request my +1, as I like the idea. I also have experienced some paid for but unusable slots when I planned my routes and found out they don't fit in the schedule only when scheduling the routes.

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »
Any thoughts on this yet Sami?

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
+1 Excellent idea.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:29 AM »
Why on earth do you need something like that?!
Although I see where youre coming from with this one; i see it as largely unnecessary.
If you wish to create a 'mock schedule' (dummy schedule) for an aircraft AWS has the ability to do so.

All that is involved is visualising the schedule as you create it.

Heres how i do it:
1: open up a whole heap of tabs; you will need these (!)
2: pull out the viable destinations for the particular aircraft you are considering acquiring; ie: OPEN the route
3: start making your schedule; (with smaller aircraft where utilisation can be lower (i: daily flights with some surplus time) this is an easier process). This is harder to visualise with a complex long haul schedule involving changing time zones; the date line (your worst enemy in long haul scheduling) etc, but it can still be done. Often this will involve a whole heap of chopping and changing; adding destinations, deleting destinations, changing times etc etc but isnt that what AWS is all about?  :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
I'd feel the new "dummy routes" (routes with no slots) feature would be enough to cover this, otherwise goes too complicated.,46221.msg260607.html#msg260607

(does not work for planes you don't own of course but enabling scheduling for non-existing planes isn't really doable)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.